Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Monterey High School is an above average, public school located in Monterey, LA. It has 444 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Monterey High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B49 Students
- A-46 Students
- B+32 Students
- B+30 Students
- B28 Students
- B17 Students
- A-15 Students
- B13 Students
- B-9 Students
- B+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Monterey High School
Monterey High School Reviews
Monterey High School has the best teachers in this state. Surely wish our school board supported them more. Their tireless efforts for the students who attend this school are endless. Their commitment to make sure all kids are prepared and none left behind should be commended. The current administration for the school and board member representing the school leave a lot to be desired. Hopefully, they will be replaced soon with an administration and board member with more character and common sense than what we have now. It’s incredibly disappointing to have the teachers of this caliber and a leadership lacking in basic morality.
Great school!! Ive had such an amazing learning experience at MHS. All teachers open and willing to do wgats best for students as well as principals. My pre-k - 12 grade school has worked so hard to push me to be my best and given the most encouragement to students and me that we need! I am sad to be leaving and graduating this year but the school has helped me and encouraged me to go and do great things in life!
I have been a student at Monterey High school for 11 years and I have had the best experience as far as education and resources being given to me making sure I’m as ready for college as I can possibly be. I feel as though my teachers through the years have helped me to the best of their ability to teach me and help me learn. Administration at Monterey has always made the students’ saftey top priority.