Monroe-Woodbury High School is a highly rated, public school located in Central Valley, NY. It has 2,297 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Monroe-Woodbury High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-185 Students
- A+161 Students
- A-136 Students
- B134 Students
- B+126 Students
- B121 Students
- B118 Students
- A+114 Students
- A+98 Students
- A-95 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
Schools like Monroe-Woodbury High School
- AWalter Panas High School
- Lakeland Central School District, NY
- PK, 9-12
- 241 reviews
- A-Washingtonville Senior High School
- Washingtonville Central School District, NY
- 428 reviews
- A-North Rockland High School
- North Rockland Central School District, NY
- 384 reviews
- B+George F. Baker High School
- Tuxedo Union Free School District, NY
- 44 reviews
Monroe-Woodbury High School Reviews
Overall, my experience at Monroe Woodbury was phenomenal. The administration however, needs to be more strict with the teachers. Throughout high school administration let many things slide which resulted in bad grades and errors for students. I felt very safe at this school. We have people from all over the world here at our school so we are very diverse. This was cool because I have friends from Russia, Ukraine, and England. I think the best education in New York State is here at Monroe. We have the best technology and everything is always up to date. Our athletics are phenomenal and we are very good at all sports. We recently updated all of our fields to turf making our campus that much nicer. Monroe Woodbury is a great pace to go to school.
At Monroe Woodbury there are many positives. The music program is fantastic and I have been able to participate in both choir and orchestra. There is a vast amount of AP classes available and many honors classes offer college credit. There are many electives to choose from in a number of different fields. For me the most helpful electives were the ones based around video production and editing. There are a number of brilliant teachers who know exactly what they're talking about when they teach it and are interested in what they discuss. This creates a better experience for the students. Amidst the positives, of course there are many areas that can be improved upon. One area is the bias in sports tryouts and application based clubs. Another area is the excessive censorship of the school's morning TV show. The show is run by students who take the tv class and administration often blocks skits and jokes that aren't directly about school which limits the creativity of these students.
Okay where do I start?... Monroe Woodbury shouldn't even deserve a 1 start rating in diversity. We only get it because we have a good amount of ethnic people. There is a lot of racism that goes in this school. It is full of White-supremasict imbeciles. Our teacher are surprisingly good. Its the administration that needs some help. Most of the schools money is put into the altheltic department leaving many of the other departments with little money for new resources. I mean we make our school seem like its heaven when in reality we'er one of the worst schools in New York. So many kids go through bullying, many hate going to this school. The kids are terrible and treat others with no respect. I hate going to this school where i feel attacked for being someone of color. Wearing Make America Great Again hats as a show for support for a racist president this makes me feel sooo welcomed(said sarcasticly) ...