Monroe-Woodbury High School is a highly rated, public school located in Central Valley, NY. It has 2,308 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Monroe-Woodbury High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-142 Students
- A+119 Students
- B102 Students
- B102 Students
- B92 Students
- A-92 Students
- B+91 Students
- A+80 Students
- C+72 Students
- A-70 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
Schools like Monroe-Woodbury High School
- AWalter Panas High School
- Lakeland Central School District, NY
- PK, 9-12
- 230 reviews
- A-Washingtonville Senior High School
- Washingtonville Central School District, NY
- 408 reviews
- A-North Rockland High School
- North Rockland Central School District, NY
- 359 reviews
- B+George F. Baker High School
- Tuxedo Union Free School District, NY
- 43 reviews
Monroe-Woodbury High School Reviews
Monroe-Woodbury is the epitome of disgusting bullying standards. They have fantastic range of classes, giving the student a wide range of paths they can choose. Monroe-Woodbury’s administration is another story. The highschool has had at least 5 principles in the last 5 years. They employ imbeciles and expect anything positive to get done. Girls who decide to express themselves in even the slightest are shut down and belittled to the max, so they never have the confidence to try again. Students who are top in athletics and academics are they apple of the districts eye. They are treated with the utmost importance, while the students trying to find themselves are tossed aside and bullied, without a prayer in the world to get help. Monroe-Woodbury is one of those school districts that seem perfect on the outside, but they’ve been falling apart since it was founded in 2001.
Teachers are good at what they do and truly care about the students. Poor upper administration, poor control of students. Prominent in school drug and tobacco use among students. School promotes anti-bullying policy, but fails to punish bullies. Favoritism towards senior class is extreme, often cutting into class time and reinforcing the superior and aggressive attitudes of upperclassmen. Wide selection of classes for students to choose from, good art department. The school would be nothing without the efforts of individual teachers who want to see a change for the better.
I loved going to this school! It is so nice looking and the staff/teachers are amazing! The only thing I would change is the time school starts, which is 7 am as of now.