Monroe Township High School is a highly rated, public school located in Monroe Township, NJ. It has 2,307 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Monroe Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A444 Students
- A-234 Students
- A+194 Students
- B190 Students
- A+170 Students
- B144 Students
- A-135 Students
- B-134 Students
- A130 Students
- B+126 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Monroe Township High School
- AMatawan Regional High School
- Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District, NJ
- 185 reviews
- ALawrence High School
- Lawrence Township Public School District, NJ
- 240 reviews
- AHightstown High School
- East Windsor Regional School District, NJ
- 272 reviews
- A-Howell High School
- Freehold Regional High School District, NJ
- 386 reviews
Monroe Township High School Reviews
As a current senior at MTHS, I am astonished that there are so many overtly positive reviews about this school. There are negatives as well as positives. I have met many teachers here who have been able to help me through high school, and have changed my viewpoints on many topics. These are the teachers who genuinely helped me learn. On the contrary, I have witnessed several teachers who, to bluntly put it, should one hundred percent not be teaching at any school. Some could care less about the education of students, and others just cross the line, and act completely unprofessional around students. Some teachers, for example, sit in on students gossiping about others and joins the conversation. The reasons these adults are in our school is to create a professional environment and provide examples on how to behave in professional environments. This, however, is unable to happen. The school is also very overcrowded, and has exceeded the student capacity.
The classes in Monroe Township Highschool are unlike any classes I've taken or seen. The resources available to teachers and students is amazing. Everyone helps one another, whether you're a freshman, senior, faculty, or parent. The school building is new and is by far the best school in the state because of the faculty. The teachers, counselors, and principals do anything and everything possible to help their students and their work is not overlooked by the administration because of the yearly teacher awards. The clubs and activities allow students like myself to become leaders and express our opinions openly and professionally. The sport teams are also great, as well as the lunch and diversity. This school is by far the best school I know and I am thankful to be a honorary student of the class of 2020
Monroe Twp is a very competitive high school and the class size has been increasing every year. Due to the large student body, there is a lot of academic competition. The school is newly built and is truly a state of the arts facility with very modern design. There are 2 large multipurpose gyms and there is a training room as well as a performing arts center. The facility is very clean and well maintained. I am a high school senior at Monroe Township High School. The amount of classes that are available to students is incredible. There are classes ranging from culinary arts to honors business organization and management. There are a lot of programs and a LOT of opportunities for the students who know what they want to do once they graduate. If students are not quite sure it is the perfect place to learn about a wide variety of things as well. Honors and AP level classes are provided for students who are looking for challenges.