Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Monroe High School is an above average, public school located in Monroe, WI. It has 715 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Monroe High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+61 Students
- B36 Students
- B34 Students
- B29 Students
- A25 Students
- B23 Students
- B19 Students
- A-19 Students
- B-18 Students
- A-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Monroe High School
- B+New Glarus High School
- New Glarus School District, WI
- 63 reviews
- BDakota Junior/Senior High School
- Dakota Community Unit School District No. 201, IL
- 80 reviews
- BBrodhead High School
- Brodhead School District, WI
- 52 reviews
- BLena-Winslow High School
- Lena Winslow Community Unit School District No. 202, IL
- 32 reviews
Monroe High School Reviews
I graduated from Monroe High School with the class of 2019. I thought it was a wonderful school and my learning there gave me the tools and knowledge to succeed in college. The teachers are all super friendly and they do a great job of educating their students. There are plenty of clubs, sports, and other extracurricular activities for any student to find something they like.
Great education, loved the teachers. School building has some issues to repair, but all in all a great place to go to school. Was in Jr Optimist Club which gave me a great pride in volunteering, and helping my community. Going to the various sports to watch them compete was fun. The dances were always so nice. Highly Recommend this school.
I just graduated last year and had a very positive experience at Monroe. The academics are quite good for a smaller school and the admin are very supportive of parents and students who want to push themselves farther than the traditional curriculum allows for. The social scene is generally good but sometimes cliquey, as you might expect in a small town. However, I've heard that this coming year will see the school switch to a trimester schedule, which I believe is a big mistake. It will really mess up the schedules of any student hoping to take AP courses as well as band/choir classes. I hope that administrators listen to all the complaints and decide against this poor decision.