Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Monroe County High School is a public school located in Monroeville, AL. It has 363 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Monroe County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C-115 Students
- B113 Students
- B110 Students
- C99 Students
- A-95 Students
- A91 Students
- B-80 Students
- C+76 Students
- A68 Students
- B-66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Monroe County High School Reviews
My experience at Monroe County High School has been good. The faculty is very supporting and challenges students to do our best. After high school, I plan on attending a technical college with hopes of earning a Welding Associate Degree. My high school years have given me an opportunity to learn skills needed to be successful in college and compete with peers. I am very thankful for Monroe County High School for providing me with a good education.
Monroe County High School is the typical high school, but different in many way, especially in the area it's in. Monroe County High School has done a very good job with preparing me for my future in college. The faculty is much more than just people who work at my school. Their kind hearts and caring spirits make them family. I am truly blessed and grateful to have the privilege to end my high school year at Monroe County High School.
I love the Monroe County High School gave me the opportunity to connect with my teachers and administrators because it allowed me to have a more comfortable environment in the classrooms, which improved my knowledge. The one thing that I would like to change about my school is the minimum choice of electives. I feel that a wider variety of electives will prepare the student body with what they would like to pursue in their future.