Monona Grove High School is a highly rated, public school located in Monona, WI. It has 991 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Monona Grove High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+219 Students
- A+90 Students
- B60 Students
- A-54 Students
- C+51 Students
- B+48 Students
- B+47 Students
- B41 Students
- B39 Students
- A-37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Monona Grove High School
- AOregon High School
- Oregon School District, WI
- 142 reviews
- A-McFarland High School
- McFarland School District, WI
- 73 reviews
- ASun Prairie High School
- Sun Prairie Area School District, WI
- 511 reviews
- A+Waunakee High School
- Waunakee Community School District, WI
- 195 reviews
Monona Grove High School Reviews
I like the intimate setting of Monona Grove High School. The teachers really care about you and want to see you succeed in your future academic endeavors. There are more than enough ways to stay involved no matter what your interests are. The sports are very good, we have lots of extremely talented athletes. The school is predominantly white priveledge with a lot of wealthy caucasians which is occasionally inhibiting, but is an acknowledgable aspect nonetheless.
Monona Grove is a fairly good, mid sized to small school. Academics are really strong, however because the school is small, there is not a wide range of class choices. There is a lot of focus on clubs and sports, and most people will participate in an extracurricular. I'd love to see Monona Grove focus more on improving diversity, as the school tends towards homogeny, with about 90% white students.
The classes at MG are great, with a variety of AP classes to help prepare for college. However, many of the classes aren't very engaging, depending on the teacher you have, but the material is covered well. I think if there is one thing to change, it would be the food. The food is far from great and many choose to eat from home/eat outside of school because it is the same 7 food options used every month.