Monona Grove High School is a highly rated, public school located in Monona, WI. It has 975 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+193 Students
- A+75 Students
- A-48 Students
- B+48 Students
- B+47 Students
- C+45 Students
- B+42 Students
- B+38 Students
- B37 Students
- A-35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Monona Grove High School
- AOregon High School
- Oregon School District, WI
- 137 reviews
- A-McFarland High School
- McFarland School District, WI
- 72 reviews
- A+Sun Prairie High School
- Sun Prairie Area School District, WI
- 496 reviews
- A+Waunakee High School
- Waunakee Community School District, WI
- 181 reviews
Monona Grove High School Reviews
I like the intimate setting of Monona Grove High School. The teachers really care about you and want to see you succeed in your future academic endeavors. There are more than enough ways to stay involved no matter what your interests are. The sports are very good, we have lots of extremely talented athletes. The school is predominantly white priveledge with a lot of wealthy caucasians which is occasionally inhibiting, but is an acknowledgable aspect nonetheless.
Monona Grove is like most other high schools and will get many kids to college. The lunch food is disgusting like most other public high schools. The textbooks are decently new and undamaged and the school has a decent number of AP classes, but not many in the science departments. Many of the students are stuck up and are spoiled children, but some of the students are nice and respectful. The teachers do care about academics and making sure that their students succeed. The administration is slightly overbearing but overall the school and the school district is very good for the Madison area.
I have had a great experience at Monona Grove. Throughout high school, I was involved in a variety of clubs and sports. Monona Grove has a great staff that is always there for students when needed. As the school has gotten bigger, more classes have been added to interest students in what they may want to do after high school. Monona Grove School District made me the best student and human being I could be.