Monmouth Regional High School
- Tinton Falls, NJ
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Monmouth Regional High School is an above average, public school located in Tinton Falls, NJ. It has 972 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Monmouth Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A188 Students
- grade C+122 Students
- grade B+115 Students
- grade A minus114 Students
- grade B110 Students
- grade A104 Students
- grade B102 Students
- grade B98 Students
- grade A+94 Students
- grade B+78 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 82 responses
- Battle of the Classes21%
- Football Games15%
- Pep rally15%
- Big Track Meets7%
- Basketball games6%
- Drama plays, choir concerts6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
No data available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
No data available
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 30 responses
Schools like Monmouth Regional High School
- grade BSouth Amboy Middle/High School
- South Amboy School District, NJ
- Rating 3.52 out of 5 58 reviews
- grade A minusOcean Township High School
- Township of Ocean School District, NJ
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 180 reviews
- grade BSayreville War Memorial High School
- Sayreville School District, NJ
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 357 reviews
- grade B+Spotswood High School
- Spotswood Public School District, NJ
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 123 reviews
Monmouth Regional High School Reviews
Rating 3.53 out of 5 145 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Monmouth regional has been pretty good because I’ve been able to partake in many honors and AP classes. This is the type of school where the effort a student puts in really delegates the quality of their education. Although, I’ve heard from other students that they were not prepared by their teachers for some AP tests in the sciences. As for extracurriculars, there’s a good amount of emphasis placed on sports. The effect of this is the arts being pushed to the side. As for the school itself, there are cockroaches. The environment in the classes that have been non honors or AP classes has not been the best. For a year I heard a student actively being homophobic and disrupting the lessons and nothing was done. As for guidance, my counselor has been great, providing me with several opportunities to adequately prepare for college. All in all, a harder course load allows for a better experience.
I just wish teachers asked in respect for their students for their assigned pronouns/ gender instead of saying things that can come off hurtful. I understand not everyone may support the LGBTQI+ community although it doesn't hurt teachers to try if they do support them. Second, the girls clothing system. Again, I understand the rules and what cannot be worn, but we are not in charge of the other classmates who are boys that cannot keep it in their pants. Such as shoulders which is the least distracting verses how the boys cannot pull up their pants. Thirdly, the fundraisers of sports vs band isn't fair to ever begin with. Football teams gets new equipment, clothing, etc whilst the band hasn't had their uniforms replaced in YEARS. Band works just as hard as any other sports in MRHS, yet we get looked down upon.
I loved attending Monmouth Regional! They have teachers, who are so supportive and the amount of aid they provide everyone with is super helpful and caring.