Monmouth Regional High School is an above average, public school located in Tinton Falls, NJ. It has 972 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Monmouth Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A171 Students
- C+109 Students
- B104 Students
- A-99 Students
- B97 Students
- A94 Students
- B90 Students
- B90 Students
- A+86 Students
- A-72 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 75 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Monmouth Regional High School
- B-South Amboy Middle/High School
- South Amboy School District, NJ
- 57 reviews
- B+Ocean Township High School
- Ocean Township School District (Oakhurst), NJ
- 168 reviews
- BSayreville War Memorial High School
- Sayreville School District, NJ
- 348 reviews
- A-Spotswood High School
- Spotswood Public School District, NJ
- 120 reviews
Monmouth Regional High School Reviews
Monmouth Regional is overall a good high school, that strives to unite behind its Falcon Family identity despite it's diverse racial and culture population and for the most part does an okay job with that. However, the English department need to work on it's staff and curriculum because the blatant attempts to indoctrinate students about how bad America is because of it's past sins is not okay. They are extremely obvious about this at times. The entire Junior Year English program is literally a year long look at fictional works set in different points in American history and how that's representative of America today. Those and other divisive efforts undermine the attempts by most to unite students and help them prepare for SAT, college, and life. Most teachers genuinely care about the students and their ability not only too succeed, but to understand the material. All my issues with Monmouth, and almost all the ones I've heard others complain about, go back to the English department.
Certain classes have showed me what I am interested in studying in college and what I am not interested in. What I did not like was how Monmouth ran some of their classes. Each year I felt like about half of my classes was me teaching myself the information because the teacher had failed to teach it correctly or failed to help me when I was completely lost. They packed everything into our lunch time thus instead of eating I would have to cram in time for studying and learning or going to clubs. Monmouth's clubs were amazing. They did many fundraisers for people in need and for themselves and were always successful. The Sports teams do not have the coaches with the most knowledge but my teammates along with myself could always find way to make the best of it even when we have never had a winning season. Monmouth may have been the best years and I have had some good times, but I cannot wait to graduate and move on to a higher level of education and a new style of learning.
Overall Monmouth Regional is a pretty good school. It is a little broken down especially the bathrooms, they're very old and outdated. A lot of the school needs to be updated but we recently got three new turf fields which look amazing. And they are even better to play games on. The food could be better but could also be worse. The teachers are good sometimes and can be helpful when they want and some of them really care for their students. The office staff is great which is amazing.