Monett High School is a public school located in Monett, MO. It has 721 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Monett High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B127 Students
- C+84 Students
- B65 Students
- B65 Students
- A-59 Students
- C+44 Students
- B+33 Students
- A32 Students
- A-21 Students
- A20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Monett High School
- BMt. Vernon High School
- Mt. Vernon R-V School District, MO
- 28 reviews
- BMarionville High School
- Marionville R-IX School District, MO
- 19 reviews
- C+Cassville High School
- Cassville R-IV School District, MO
- 69 reviews
- C+Aurora High School
- Aurora R-VIII School District, MO
- 36 reviews
Monett High School Reviews
Monett High School had MOD scheduling, so instead of the same classes every day, we had a different schedule every day. I loved it because it gave me resource time to get my work done and get help if I ever needed it. I also loved the social side of it, because I saw different people every day in each class. I love the amount of Dual Credit and AP classes that the school offered. It allowed me to get ahead and get a feel of college work. I also loved having the option of online classes because I could still get credits and learn, but I could do it on my own time. I was involved in various clubs however a majority of the clubs did not really have much involvement which always bothered me. I loved the National Honor Society because there was a lot of involvement and community service with that. Our sporting events were always super fun with themes for all of the games. We would "tailgate" outside the field before football games and dress up according to themes.
At my school we go by Modular Scheduling that allows 25 min sections of a day for students to go to designated areas to get help on homework and projects. There are the basics like Communication Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies with electives like Drama and Art. By this scheduling students can get one-on-one attention and direct help on all our assignments instead of having to do so much at home. I love the scheduling because I get all the help I need, time to work on assignments and use that time to converse with others!
Monett High is such a welcoming school with staff who are actively involved in your future. The student body is diverse, and we all come together to form a school. Resources are unlimited, we have access to high speed internet, teachers help 24/7, and take home laptops for homework and research. Overall, Monett High is the best school a student could as for, even with the use of modular scheduling. There is nothing I would change.