Monahans High School
- MONAHANS, TX
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Monahans High School is a public school located in MONAHANS, TX. It has 643 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 11% of students are at least proficient in math and 21% in reading.
Monahans High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus68 Students
- grade A minus62 Students
- grade B minus53 Students
- grade C+49 Students
- grade B+40 Students
- grade A+38 Students
- grade A+29 Students
- grade B+25 Students
- grade C minus23 Students
- grade B23 Students
View Homes Near Monahans High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responses
- One Act Play18%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,890 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Monahans High School Reviews
Rating 3.89 out of 5 38 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
At Monahans High School I have learned a lot about the different responsibilities every person needs to have and if everyone does their part great things will happen. My high school is a very well rounded school, meaning they offered as many opportunities as they could through academics and other UIL organizations. The staff at Monahans truly wants the best for the kids and made it as enjoyable as possible, but the atmosphere was almost missing something. I believe what was missing was the involvement of the students. I was a very spirited student in High School and I know that is why I had a great experience. Something I think Monahans needs to project to the kids that high school should be about taking every opportunity given and making the most out of it. Which is something I was taught at Monahans and want the future Loboes to realize.
Thinking back on my high school experience, I can only remember good times. One thing that I really like about my school is that since it is smaller, there is not a lot of stereotypical bullying that occurs, at least from what I have observed. There is no "theater geeks", or "band nerds" or "popular kids". A lot of kids are several different activities, including me, and I like that all of those activities are treated equally by the staff and the community. At MHS the choir program is just as important as the band program, which is just as important as the softball team, etc. Lastly I love how all of the staff makes an attempt to get to know us personally. You walk down the hallway and they make a point to call you by name, and share a smile. I hope that some day my future kids get the chance to attend Monahans High School, like my mom, brother, and myself. I am sad that it is my time to move on and graduate, but I cant wait for my first reunion.
My experience in attending Monahans High School frustrating. On my first day of senior year we did not have an Anatomy and Physiology. So a week later we started an online class and it was difficult to turn assignments in. We chat with our teacher three days out of the week. That is where she lectures us and we take our notes. A lot of us struggle with our assignments, labs, quizzes, and tests. In addition, during my junior year we did not have a tennis coach for a whole season, which is a whole school year, it was hard finding someone. For awhile the district was not looking for a head coach. They had a volleyball coach practically babysit us. I would like to see more qualified adults teaching and teach us stuff we can use in the real world and college.