Mona Shores High School is a highly rated, public school located in Muskegon, MI. It has 1,271 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Mona Shores High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+234 Students
- A204 Students
- B+163 Students
- C154 Students
- A+137 Students
- B110 Students
- B98 Students
- A-55 Students
- B-48 Students
- B+43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 127 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Mona Shores High School
- ANorth Muskegon High School
- North Muskegon Public Schools, MI
- 103 reviews
- A-Grand Haven High School
- Grand Haven Area Public Schools, MI
- 306 reviews
- A-Spring Lake High School
- Spring Lake Public Schools, MI
- 101 reviews
- B-Montague High School
- Montague Area Public Schools, MI
- 57 reviews
Mona Shores High School Reviews
The academics are of high value; the courses allow students to have opportunities to receive college credits and become accustomed to the high vigors of a typically college course. Any interest a student can have is explored through the numerous clubs and electives. The teachers push for their students to succeed and are willing to work with anyone. One of the best aspects about this school is the ability to grow and develop close-knit friendships with classmates. The growth of every student is visible as the amount of responsibilities and knowledge increases as is encouraged by the faculty. This school allows for students to feel like the years after high school will be somewhat of a challenge, but it was well prepared for.
I ended up switching to Mona Shores High School at the beginning of my Sophmore year due to bullying at my other school. I went from feeling alone and having nothing to do to have a school community that actually cares about their students, not just the teacher's kids that attended the school. Going in they introduced me to many new kids, programs, and activities that I would have never thought of a school to have. The school changed my life completely and only for the better. I'll never forget the impact that both the school, teachers, and friends I made had on me.
My overall experience was pretty average. I had friends participated in the schools choir. That was an amazing experience. My grades and teachers were average. I did not leave the school thinking I had a horrible experience, but it was not all good either. One year a kid got thrown into one of the windows of the school. The window shattered, but not even an hour later the window was replaced. That was pretty impressive. All the usual stuff happens there. Teenage pregnancy was common, but at what high school isn't it common. Just an average experience overall.