Momence High School is a public school located in Momence, IL. It has 339 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Momence High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-37 Students
- B+32 Students
- B+29 Students
- A-26 Students
- A+26 Students
- B22 Students
- B22 Students
- B20 Students
- B+17 Students
- A-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Momence High School
- B-St. Anne Community High School
- Public School
- Saint Anne, IL
- 40 reviews
- CKankakee High School
- Kankakee School District No. 111, IL
- 151 reviews
- CNorth Newton Junior/Senior High School
- North Newton School Corporation, IN
- 83 reviews
- CBeecher High School
- Beecher Community Unit School District 200U, IL
- 119 reviews
Momence High School Reviews
Momence high school was a pretty average high school, nothing very special about it. I only spent my Junior and Senior year there before I graduated in 2016. During my time at Momence High School I found it hard to make friends, since it was a very small school and all of the other students knew each other since kindergarten. The course work is also very easy, not at all challenging and the teacher do not prepare you for college. I think Momence High School should push the students to work harder and make the work more challenging, so the students will be prepared for college and will be more likely to succeed in college. They should also invest some of their money into provide better and more nutritional lunches.
My high school has less than 400 students. This has its pros and cons. I enjoy having smaller classes. Students have a better chance of establishing a relationship with their teacher easier when at a small school. All the students know each other and with a smaller school, there aren't many cliques or social statuses. That being said, there aren't as many opportunities in a smaller school. There are few electives and clubs and they don't offer many AP or honors classes. Although at times I wish I would've had the opportunity of attending a larger high school, I am now happy with my school.
My overall favorite experience of attending MHS is being a cheerleader for the high school football team. What makes this school unique is the select few teachers that everyone actually likes also the extra classes that have been offered to us throughout my high school career, like culinary arts one and two, a bunch of different computer classes, parenting, child care and adult living, several art classes, community service, and personal fiance. I'm not sure if I would choose this school again if I could do it all over again because the students that attend this school are immature and make going to school very dreadful. All anyone wants to do is fight and when a student gets threatened or anything the school will not do anything about it!