Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Mohawk High School is a public school located in Sycamore, OH. It has 397 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Mohawk High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+51 Students
- grade C+39 Students
- grade A minus34 Students
- grade B minus33 Students
- grade B28 Students
- grade B24 Students
- grade B23 Students
- grade B minus22 Students
- grade B21 Students
- grade B minus17 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responses
- Pep rallies29%
- The cross country team14%
- The track team14%
- The volleyball team14%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,084 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 4 responses
Schools like Mohawk High School
- grade CBucyrus Secondary School
- Bucyrus City School District, OH
- Rating 3.46 out of 5 35 reviews
- grade BCarey High School
- Carey Exempted Village School District, OH
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 90 reviews
- grade BOld Fort High School
- Old Fort Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 42 reviews
- grade B minusHopewell-Loudon Local High School
- Hopewell-Loudon Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 36 reviews
Mohawk High School Reviews
Rating 3.52 out of 5 29 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Mohawk High School is a wonderful K-12 school that has many highlights of attending this institution. All grades are in one large school building, so there are no nerve-wracking building transfers involved. They also have a wonderful special education program for children of all ages with disabilities. The Jr. High and High School levels both consist of a National Honor Society, Student Council, Quiz Bowl, FFA/Agricultural classes, computer technology, music/band/choir, shop classes and Athletic extracurricular activities such as football, volleyball, basketball, wrestling, track and field, cross country, and baseball/softball. The staff employed are all trained and educated to teach a wide variety of students and are able to the provide appropriate education.
Mohawk is an okay high school. It's a smaller school, with elementary and high school in the same building. The teachers are understanding and supportive of their students, and many are passionate about teaching. There isn't anything too special about the school, other than it looks like a prison from the outside. I personally would suggest adding more lively colors to the entire building, so the students don't feel as trapped and make it look less prison-y.
Mohawk is your typical small-town high school where everyone knows everyone. My graduating class is about 70 people if that gives you an idea of the size.