Mohave Accelerated Learning Center is an above average, public, charter school located in Bullhead City, AZ. It has 469 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
625 Marina Blvd.
Bullhead City, AZ 86442
Mohave Accelerated Learning Center Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+43 Students
- A35 Students
- C29 Students
- B18 Students
- A-16 Students
- B9 Students
- A+8 Students
- A+6 Students
- B+5 Students
- C+5 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Mohave Accelerated Learning Center Reviews
I liked that Mohave Accelerated Learning Center was a small charter school, so everyone knew everyone. Mostly everyone was friendly and you didn't get lost because the campus was small. I liked that the teacher's were always willing to help if the student's need it. We didn't have school on Fridays, but if you had a 'D' or an 'F', you had to go to mandatory Friday school. What they could change is how they handle bullying problems or just problems in general that students had with other students.
I would rather attend Mohave Accelerated than any other school in my area. In a financially poor county which produces poor quality people, this small K-12 school is the best option for you. My older two brothers graduated as valedictorian, and now, as a freshman, I'm undertaking my high school adventure. As far as sports go, I play basketball and golf, which are the arguably the school's worst athletic programs. this isn't necessarily because of a lack of ability, but the amount of stiff competition the state has. MALC also offers swim, volleyball, football, soccer, baseball, and softball, as well as clubs. Don't expect to show up to rigorous tryouts: with only 250 students, the other schools have a greater number of athletes to choose from. if you show up, you'll probably make a team. This is NOT a good thing, but if sports are your main concern, Mohave High and River Valley High are better choices
My school is small enough to be really personal but big enough to offer lots of opportunities to learn and explore possibilities. I love it!