Moffat County High School is a public school located in Craig, CO. It has 608 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Moffat County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-30 Students
- C+24 Students
- C+19 Students
- A-15 Students
- B-15 Students
- A-15 Students
- A-14 Students
- A-11 Students
- B+9 Students
- B-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Moffat County High School Reviews
Moffat County Highschool has been a good school for me. It’s a very small school so it’s easier to make connections with classmates and teachers. Being a senior I feel like this school has prepared me for my next chapter in life. Everything the school offers is great; however, the school isn’t very big so I feel like I have less opportunities than kids who go to school in bigger cities.
This school is.. Alright. I'll have to say I've had my share of ups and downs.. But who hasn't? I especially enjoyed Yearbook class, Drama, and DECA/FBLA club. What makes this school unique is our ability to shine and work hard despite being in a small town. The people of Moffat County are especially involved in sporting events, such as football and basketball. However, reasons I would not attend again would be because of the lack of budget our school has. Some of my classes barely have 5 textbooks to share with the class, others won't have enough to give to all of the students, meaning they couldn't be checked out all year/semester.
The teaches at MCHS are engaging, and promote student ideas and pre-known knowledge into their lesson plans. Communication skills are satisfactory, though could be a bit better with helping students who are struggling over particular lessons and in certain classes. Grading is usually consistent and fair, and overall the teachers are kind to students and engage well with them. Its a pretty good school, but it would definitely be improved if we had more of a budget to work with, maybe to buy new textbooks amongst other things.