Model High School is an above average, public school located in Rome, GA. It has 699 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Model High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+77 Students
- C+62 Students
- B61 Students
- B+53 Students
- B+52 Students
- B-48 Students
- B-45 Students
- B+44 Students
- A-44 Students
- C+37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Model High School Reviews
Model High School has so many great characteristics that make it a four star school. There are many teachers there. Most of the teacher there are absolutely splendid. They will spend unlimited individual time dedicated to helping your high school experience be the best as possible. The teachers there are really understanding, abd perfect to confide in. The curriculum that is thought is very reasonable. Most teachers will give an arm and a leg to help you in your class. I am giving Model four stars and not five, because there are a couple teachers that can be quite unreasonable and will not put any effort into making sure you understand. For the most part, Model is a wonderful school.
Most of my teachers were very kind and helpful and I always appreciated their willingness to help their students in any way they possibly could. However, too many students were allowed to pass that weren't doing the work or putting in the amount of effort necessary. Course materials were not at all challenging, yet, somehow, students could not (more like would not) complete their work. I blame BYOD and cellphones. My expectations were low to begin with, as I had transferred there for my Junior year, and after one year, I couldn't wait to get out. Little to none of the materials I was taught were applicable or useful to me in my following year of full-time dual enrollment, nor in the year following that. I skipped my graduation in the summer of 2016. The few times I have returned, though I admit to feeling a sense of dread, my visits have always been improved by the staff that work in the office and by all the people who somehow remember my name.
I have attended Model High School for about for years now. I graduate in five months and the staff could not be more helpful. Senior year is stressful and the teachers are willing to help you as long as you are willing to work. The counselor is very dependable and she allows students to see her at anytime with any questions they may have and she is always very helpful. Overall, the teachers, staff, and even the janitors are all encouraging. Ever since freshman year, I have been encouraged to do my best by the staff at Model High School. Because of them, in May I will be graduating with Honors and a 3.6 GPA. I will be attending college in August this year also and that is because I have been encouraged to go above and beyond and to go for my dreams. Thank you, Model High School.