Model High School is an above average, public school located in Rome, GA. It has 676 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Model High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+80 Students
- C+64 Students
- B61 Students
- B+58 Students
- B+55 Students
- A-48 Students
- B-48 Students
- B+46 Students
- B-45 Students
- C+38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Model High School Reviews
I enjoyed Model High School mostly because of the teachers I had. I've had some pretty fantastic English teachers, and they've taught me how to be a good reader and writer. What my school is lacking, however, is a good foreign language program. It's great for Spanish considering that we have two Spanish teachers, but the language isn't my favorite. It would be great if we had other options such as French, German, and Russian because knowing a second language is very important in American society due to the fact that the United States is a very diverse country. Rather than only expecting immigrants and those of different ethnic backgrounds to learn to speak English, we should also make an effort to speak their language as well. Overall, I've had a great experience with Model High School.
Model High School cares about your education, and makes sure you always have the help you need. I’ve made so many amazing relationships and memories there. I am positive Model set me up for a successful future and college career. I would not have wanted to attend any other school!
Model High School has so many great characteristics that make it a four star school. There are many teachers there. Most of the teacher there are absolutely splendid. They will spend unlimited individual time dedicated to helping your high school experience be the best as possible. The teachers there are really understanding, abd perfect to confide in. The curriculum that is thought is very reasonable. Most teachers will give an arm and a leg to help you in your class. I am giving Model four stars and not five, because there are a couple teachers that can be quite unreasonable and will not put any effort into making sure you understand. For the most part, Model is a wonderful school.