MOC-Floyd Valley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Orange City, IA. It has 436 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+62 Students
- A54 Students
- A48 Students
- B+34 Students
- B26 Students
- B+25 Students
- B21 Students
- B16 Students
- B+15 Students
- B13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like MOC-Floyd Valley High School
- B+Sioux Center High School
- Sioux Center Community School District, IA
- 54 reviews
- B+Le Mars High School
- Le Mars Community School District, IA
- 70 reviews
- BBoyden-Hull High School
- Boyden-Hull Community School District, IA
- 23 reviews
- B-Sheldon High School
- Sheldon Community School District, IA
- 47 reviews
MOC-Floyd Valley High School Reviews
MOC-FV is a great school to raise your children in. Our teachers are top notch, our administration couldn't be any better, and our coaches in every activity care more than most. We have so many kids that graduate with a great start of college credits and lots of opportunities to take those courses. I wouldn't raise my kids anywhere else! Great community and wonderful school! We are all family here!
MOC-Floyed Valley School District is an amazing school district with outstanding employees. Everything from their academics, to their extra curricular activities, to their administration, they are an all around fantastic school district. The teachers at MOC-Floyd Valley truly care about your education and you as a person. They will help you through an question you have, even if the question isn’t school related. There as so many sports and extra curricular activities, it is very easy to get involved in the school.
In general, the teachers are very invested, and academics are very good if you put effort into your work. In Junior and Senior Year, there is a variety of class choices. All our extra-curriculars are great and have great coaching; however, there isn't a large variety of clubs. Part of the culture of society and town causes the younger grades (and some older grades) to be immature and not put effort into their education. However, every grade has students that care, work hard, and are kind. Also, the administration can shelter students and prevent us from making our own choices, but ultimately we know they have our best interest in mind.