Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Miyamura High School is a public school located in Gallup, NM. It has 1,180 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 30% in reading.
Miyamura High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B313 Students
- B159 Students
- C+154 Students
- B-125 Students
- B113 Students
- A106 Students
- A76 Students
- B-62 Students
- A-55 Students
- B53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Miyamura High School Reviews
My experience in Miyamura was good but I liked how students got the teaching they need, there were some ups and downs but all in all it was a good school. Having to get together and have fun with every individual there was and having an opportunity to learn from some great teachers. But some changes should at least be the dress code, some students may not like dress code and may have an issue with their clothing and others shouldn't have to wear something they don't want to wear. So just that change will probably be enough and will speak up for every other student.
Miyamura high is a very good school! staff are very friendly and also students show a lot of support to teams and each other. Its also awesome that our school is named after a United States Army soldier and a recipient of the Medal of Honor for actions in the Korean War. He was also awarded the Meritorious Service Medal, Purple Heart Medal, Prisoner of War Medal and the Combat Infantryman Badge. I would like to see some changes on the handbook, mainly dress code but that's it.
My Miyamura HS experience was great overall. There are a lot of diversity in the school. Although I do wish Miyamura could have more student-parent involvement. The sports programs are okay, but could be better by the providing the right equipment for the athletes and coaches. The academics at Miyamura are great. The school's teachers are doing their part in extending the students knowledge for future tests.