Mitchell County High School is a public school located in Camilla, GA. It has 548 students in grades PK, 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Mitchell County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+42 Students
- B-37 Students
- B+33 Students
- B+30 Students
- B-27 Students
- A+27 Students
- C+17 Students
- B-15 Students
- C+14 Students
- B14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Mitchell County High School Reviews
I loved the nice citizens of my school. The administration was very fair with any punishment. The janitors were very polite. The teachers were very helpful and full of joy to help students. The school could use a little better maintenance. I think they should consider have better lunch and invest in vending machines for students only and allow cellphones. Not for social media purposes but for educational purposes. The students aren’t too free but they arent chained inmates either. Minus the lunch, my entire school career has been a blast.
It's a environment where you learn, and become successful in whatever way possible. They will help as much as possible. This is even down to the wonderful superintendent Mr.Adams who tries to see the good in all kids not just a select few. He goes beyond and above to make things happen and let's not forget the principal. Wonderful woman and works her butt off to push you and help you maintain your academic and behavior.
Mitchell County High is a wonderful high school. The school focuses on academic very strongly. They, also, have wonderful sports programs.