Mississinewa High School is a public school located in Gas City, IN. It has 845 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Mississinewa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+79 Students
- B+66 Students
- A56 Students
- A+40 Students
- B27 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-25 Students
- A-22 Students
- B22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Mississinewa High School
- B-Alexandria-Monroe High School
- Alexandria Community School Corporation, IN
- 49 reviews
- B-Madison-Grant Junior/Senior High School
- Madison-Grant United School Corporation, IN
- 85 reviews
- BOak Hill High School
- Oak Hill United School Corporation, IN
- 88 reviews
- B-Wes-Del Middle/Senior High School
- Wes-Del Community Schools, IN
- 18 reviews
Mississinewa High School Reviews
The department heads are good educators, but there's one teacher in each department that probably could have been better suited for a job other than teaching. The students, the above average ones are kind of full of themselves, and the rest are just rude. The athletics are good, and win a lot of stuff. They've recently implemented metal detectors, but only allow students to walk in one at a time with a few seconds between each, which has started making students late to class, so that sucks.
All of the teachers at this school respect and care for the students. They are all willing to put in just as much as the student will for class work or other activities. Most teaching styles involve the use of technology and lectures however there are other teachers who have more of a hands on approach for their teaching and getting their students to learn on a more personal level. All of the teachers at my high school are incredibly knowledgable and incredibly intelligent, yet they are still always willing to explain and take the time to help students understand the material. Most teachers are respectable and engaging in their teachings that enables the interest in students, giving them help with finding their educational interests.
Teachers show a lot of obvious favoritism, and most are not understanding of personal issues that prevent students from doing work.