Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Missisquoi Valley Union Middle/High School is a public school located in Swanton, VT. It has 795 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Missisquoi Valley Union Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-56 Students
- B-45 Students
- C29 Students
- B29 Students
- B-27 Students
- B24 Students
- A+21 Students
- B+18 Students
- C+16 Students
- A-14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Missisquoi Valley Union Middle/High School
- B-Enosburg Falls Junior/Senior High School
- Enosburgh Town School District, VT
- 26 reviews
- B-Northeastern Clinton Senior High School
- Northeastern Clinton Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 60 reviews
- B-Chazy Central Rural Junior/Senior High School
- Chazy Union Free School District, NY
- 41 reviews
- BBellows Free Academy
- Maple Run Unified School District, VT
- 113 reviews
Missisquoi Valley Union Middle/High School Reviews
Missisquoi Valley union highschool is a very close knit community, many students are 2nd+ generation students, their parents being alumni. Many students have Abenaki, Native American blood, we support and learn about the schools history, and Abenaki culture. There's a good handful of really amazing teachers, and admin in this school, it's a very welcoming community. We love new kids, our school isn't nearly as diverse as any other school in the state, or country, we love new people, we make sure to make them feel loved and welcome. MVU is a very family oriented school, and I love it for that
I enjoyed the fact that MVU is a very artistic school and offered many classes for a creative minded person. I was able to expand my knowledge of Art, Film History, and Graphic Design. What I would like changed at MVU is the social aspects. Many students are not open-minded and are immature. Some students gave teachers a hard time during lessons.
I really enjoyed school, but mainly only for social reasons. There are MANY amazing teachers, honestly most are, but most of the teachers do not know how to engage the students in the classroom. I actually once there had a teacher give me an F on an assignment, and then hand it out to the class as a "model piece" and she put someone else's name on it. I found this out post graduation from friends thats were still there. The arts are AMAZING, and so is Mr.Hartman the principle. One of the best men, and coaches around.