Mission College Prep is a Catholic college prep high school for young men and women in the Diocese of Monterey. We are located on the central coast of California in the town of San Luis Obispo, which is mid-way between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Approximately half of our 312 students come from three area Catholic grammar schools, while our other students come from 26 other schools locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
99% of MCP Seniors go directly to college or university.
SAT, ACT and AP scores exceeed state and national averages.
Robust Theatre Arts, Music, and Studio Art programs are offered.
Over 20 courses available in Math and Science.
70% of students participate in Athletics.
Legacy of winning - 47 CIF Athletic Championship Titles
Over 30 student-run clubs and activities
The Mission Prep Difference - Happy Students, Committed Teachers, Supportive Community, and a Culture of Care and Accountability.
Mission College Preparatory Catholic High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+36 Students
- A+36 Students
- A-33 Students
- A31 Students
- A30 Students
- A+26 Students
- A26 Students
- A+24 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses