Mishawaka High School is a public school located in Mishawaka, IN. It has 1,470 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Mishawaka High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+159 Students
- B+127 Students
- A120 Students
- A+117 Students
- B-54 Students
- B52 Students
- B-47 Students
- B+44 Students
- A-43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 64 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Mishawaka High School
- B-LaVille Junior/Senior High School
- Union-North United School Corporation, IN
- 71 reviews
- B-Niles Senior High School
- Niles Community Schools, MI
- 99 reviews
- C+Riley High School
- South Bend Community School Corporation, IN
- 141 reviews
- C+Elkhart Memorial High School
- Elkhart Community Schools, IN
- 237 reviews
Mishawaka High School Reviews
I have gone to Mishawaka High School for the last four years and have enjoyed almost every moment. I have been in classes of all levels (regular classes, honors and advanced level classes). I have also participated in multiple sports and activities such as National Honor Society. One of the best things about Mishawaka High School is the ability to be a multi-sport athlete. I also like all of the clubs, work study and co-op opportunities they provide. One thing that I would like to see changed at Mishawaka High School is an updating of some of the out of date things in the school. This is something that School City of Mishawaka is already starting to work on and future Mishawaka students will appreciate!
Mishawaka was a small school, which meant that I got a lot of opportunities that I probably wouldn't have gotten at a larger school. My guidance counselor was awesome (shout out to Ms. Buda, you saved my life!) and I loved most of my teachers. The diversity of staff, however, leaves something to be desired. Every single one of my teachers was white. I believe that this is something that the School City of Mishawaka should work on.
Mishawaka High School has a poor general reputation, but it's honestly pretty great if you surround yourself with the right people and take honors/AP/IUACP classes, because you won't run into any "bad" kids. Also, the teachers of these classes are generally more invested in their students, which is great. Although Mishawaka academic teams and clubs are not super popular, it is very easy to become involved and be on a varsity team as a freshman. Likewise, while it is usually pretty difficult to join NHS or get a college internship at most high schools, it is relatively easy here. Mishawaka students have a lot of opportunities to advance academically here!