Mishawaka High School is a public school located in Mishawaka, IN. It has 1,501 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Mishawaka High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+182 Students
- A+151 Students
- A150 Students
- B+149 Students
- B-69 Students
- B65 Students
- B-61 Students
- A-55 Students
- B+51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 75 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Mishawaka High School
- C+LaVille Junior/Senior High School
- Union-North United School Corporation, IN
- 81 reviews
- B-Niles Senior High School
- Niles Community Schools, MI
- 103 reviews
- B-Riley High School
- South Bend Community School Corporation, IN
- 153 reviews
- C+Elkhart Memorial High School
- Elkhart Community Schools, IN
- 255 reviews
Mishawaka High School Reviews
I have gone to Mishawaka High School for the last four years and have enjoyed almost every moment. I have been in classes of all levels (regular classes, honors and advanced level classes). I have also participated in multiple sports and activities such as National Honor Society. One of the best things about Mishawaka High School is the ability to be a multi-sport athlete. I also like all of the clubs, work study and co-op opportunities they provide. One thing that I would like to see changed at Mishawaka High School is an updating of some of the out of date things in the school. This is something that School City of Mishawaka is already starting to work on and future Mishawaka students will appreciate!
I enjoyed my time at Mishawaka High School. The teachers were very supportive of me and helped me all the time. This school year, 2019-2020, we began the use of chrome books. This made learning very easy and didn't have us carrying textbook all the time. The teachers and administration are very helpful and there are plenty of ways to get involved. There is also an Early College Program that allows you to gain college credit during High School. I am graduating with over 40 college credits and being able to transfer them to my college.
Mishawaka High School's staff and administration stepped up big when it mattered throughout the Coronavirus quarantine. They were actively answering emails while creating lessons and assignments that were easy to follow, replicate, or complete from home. The overall experience at Mishawaka High School is OK.