Mira Costa High School is a top rated, public school located in Manhattan Beach, CA. It has 2,541 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Mira Costa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+676 Students
- A+568 Students
- A+508 Students
- A+491 Students
- A419 Students
- A-336 Students
- A328 Students
- A-303 Students
- A275 Students
- A267 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.53 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.53 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 195 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.84 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.94 responses
Schools like Mira Costa High School
- A+Beverly Hills High School
- Beverly Hills Unified School District, CA
- 307 reviews
- A+Palos Verdes High School
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District, CA
- 367 reviews
- A+El Segundo High School
- El Segundo Unified School District, CA
- 515 reviews
- A+South High School
- Torrance Unified School District, CA
- 405 reviews
Mira Costa High School Reviews
I have had a good time, but listen: you must take all of the AP courses that you can in order to have any chance at good colleges. I will have taken 7 AP Courses, along with 3 Honors courses by the time I graduate, and that's BARELY enough at Mira Costa. As for the non-academic part of Costa, I never did any sports but I have heard of many issues with some coaches, but Cross Country is one of the "cleanest" sports on campus, so if you like running, I highly recommend that. Also, diversity is definitely lacking and the richest always bond together and exclude everyone else. However, I do like the abundance of clubs and programs available, and our MUN program is spectacular! Overall, the best way to succeed here is to take rigorous courses and join the clubs you are interested in but choose the organizations that interest you and build your friendships from those and you are sure to have a great time at Costa!
It was a great school. I really liked it. The people are awesome the teachers are really cool and there was so much to do. The best part was we didn’t have any clicks like most high-school schools have. Everyone just kind a liked each other and there was no bullying or aggressive behavior. People were just friends because they were there. I guess it’s not like that at most high schools. Most high schools have cool kids and Dorky kids and Weird kids. Not us. Everyone is welcome and included. Plus if it was located 12 blocks from the beach. What’s not to love. Sometimes in the morning you could take a surf class. Which meant your first class if High School was surfing!
Overall my experience at Mira Costa has been a positive one. There are some teachers that I'm glad I'll never have to see again come this June and some that I will miss greatly. The sports teams and facilities are actually pretty good and the new gym is already looking very nice. The food has always been lacking of quality and I can't stand to eat food at school. There are a lot of good clubs and activities if you look for them and my four years in the Orchestra program have been great!