Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Minooka Community High School is a highly rated, public school located in Minooka, IL. It has 2,709 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Minooka Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+295 Students
- C+263 Students
- A+242 Students
- B+182 Students
- A-166 Students
- A-160 Students
- B159 Students
- B-159 Students
- A133 Students
- A+122 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.49 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.49 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 156 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.75 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.78 responses
Schools like Minooka Community High School
- B+Coal City High School
- Coal City Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 76 reviews
- B+Morris Community High School
- Public School
- Morris, IL
- 119 reviews
- BReed-Custer High School
- Reed-Custer Community Unit School District 255U, IL
- 80 reviews
- ALockport Township High School - East Campus
- Public School
- Lockport, IL
- 701 reviews
Minooka Community High School Reviews
It is a great school, with great teachers. I really like all the opportunities Minooka Community high school has to offer. The drivers ed program was top notch. I felt more than prepared for college because of this high school. While I was a senior, I even took college nursing class. This was a great opportunity for me to explore a potential career with spending thousands of dollars!
If I'm being honest, MCHS wasn't the best school experience for me. MCHS is a predominantly white school, in a predominantly white area so POC weren't treated the best by some students, and even some teachers and faculty. However, despite all this, there were some teachers I had that were the most sweetest and caring individuals, and made the experience of going to that school slightly more bearable. In all honesty, this school wasn't the greatest for my mental health, and it didn't really prepare me for college. I have heard stories of the experiences other POC have had while attending this school. I am grateful that I didn't experience like that. This school has a lot of work to do in order to be a good place and prepare kids for their future.
MCHS is a great school. It gives many educational advantages to its students: Minooka offers a variety of AP classes and dual credit courses, and starting junior year you get access to the Grundy Area Vocational Center. The students are very friendly, and accepting of outside beliefs. The athletics are incredible. They have multiple D1 athletes coming out of their football, lacrosse, cross country, and track programs. Minooka is one of the best schools in the state at preparing students for a wide range of careers, and I highly recommend it.