Minnetonka Senior High School is an elite, public school located in Minnetonka, MN. It has 3,013 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Minnetonka Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+389 Students
- A+210 Students
- A107 Students
- A97 Students
- B+79 Students
- A+60 Students
- B+58 Students
- A+58 Students
- A-55 Students
- A53 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.41 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 151 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.77 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.83 responses
Schools like Minnetonka Senior High School
- A+Edina Senior High School
- Edina Public School District, MN
- 316 reviews
- A+Chanhassen High School
- Eastern Carver County Public Schools, MN
- 246 reviews
- A+Wayzata High School
- Wayzata Public School District, MN
- 326 reviews
- A+Eden Prairie Senior High School
- Eden Prairie Public School District, MN
- 526 reviews
Minnetonka Senior High School Reviews
My experience at MHS has been a complete roller coaster. I’ve met a lot of friends and only one friend has stayed with me throughout these four years I’ve been here! True friendship. The classes I’ve taken over the years have been moderately difficult becuase of my struggle with depression and anxiety. The counseling system here at the high school is the best it’s ever been. They care about what I am struggling with cause trust me, I’ve been in there more than any other student in that school has probably has in the past four years... The one thing that I would want this school to either change or really work on is the BULLYING. I’ve gotten bullied since 8th grade-12 grade by the same group of guys... It’s really affected my self esteem.. I want teachers to address this problem more often to their students and how it can drastically change a students life for the worst becuase it did for me.
For the most part, my experience at Minnetonka High School was excellent! They offer a good range of courses and difficulty for each subject with many AP classes. The teachers and faculty are quite dedicated to their jobs and are committed to connecting with the students. There is a great deal of enthusiasm and pride in the school and the general atmosphere of the school encourages hard work and involvement. However, there is little diversity within the student body, though there is certainly a conscious effort made to be welcoming towards people from all different walks of life. In addition the intense academic drive and expectations of the school can feel very overwhelming for the students, making "excellent" the new "average". However, this same drive encourages the students to strive ever higher, rather than be complacent.
The academics at MHS is outstanding. All the teachers are more than qualified for their expertise, and are fully engaged in the students and in their teaching. The curriculums are challenging, but this challenge gives every student the ability to master the topic at hand, pursue the subject learned, and grow as a student in regards to work ethic, responsibility, and intelligence. MHS offers a variety of academic opportunities including the IB diploma, AP classes, the Vantage Program, electives, musical ensembles, art classes, and so much more. Every student is able to participate in the classes that fit with their personal learning abilities and interests. Students are able to pursue their passions and reach new goals because of the opportunities offered at MHS! It is an incredible learning environment and has provided me with so many different academic opportunities. For example, my orchestra has had the opportunity to travel abroad to China during my Sophomore year and to Spain this year (my senior year). These travel studies helped us to delve into new music and discover new cultures!