Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Minneapolis High School is an above average, public school located in Minneapolis, KS. It has 267 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Minneapolis High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B38 Students
- A-38 Students
- A-24 Students
- B-23 Students
- B+22 Students
- B17 Students
- B16 Students
- B-12 Students
- B+10 Students
- B+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Minneapolis High School Reviews
My overall experience with the high school was good. It is a very small school, and because of that I feel that the students were fairly close. There weren’t as many cliches, less discrimination, and less bullying. Since the class sizes were smaller, the students had more teacher interaction. However, I feel some of the teachers were more interested in coaching sports rather than helping the students understand their lessons and receive good grades. Another down side of it being such a small school is that everyone knows each other and knows what’s going on in their lives causing more gossip. We also weren’t very good at sports because there weren’t many kids to compete against. If you wanted to be on a team you could be eliminating the competition aspect. Depending on your preferences, this school could be a dream or a nightmare.
Minneapolis has really good teachers and then some that I felt I learned everything on my own. The corses aren’t too challenging but teachers will help you get to an A if you ask and put in the effort. The food was typical school food. Our math, art, and music program often place high in league and state competitions. Our sports are average but with the athletes we have could better. We have a lot of families that come back to town.
What I like about this school is the helpfulness from the teachers and the coaches. The teachers like for you to learn more than you think, they are usually hard on you because they want you to become successful. Also they want you to work hard and become yourself. The Art program has become a big part of my life. The teacher their is so overwhelming helpful and great as an art teacher and everyone loves her. She has taught me a lot through all my years of high school. The coaches at Minneapolis high are good. They want you to also succeed in life academically and life in general.