Overall Niche Grade
Minisink Valley Middle School is an above average, public school located in Middletown, NY. It has 872 students in grades 6-8 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Minisink Valley Middle School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Minisink Valley Middle School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Schools like Minisink Valley Middle School
- B+C.J. Hooker Middle School
- Goshen Central School District, NY
- 9 reviews
- AGreenwood Lake Middle School
- Greenwood Lake Union Free School District, NY
- C+Sussex Middle School
- Sussex-Wantage Regional School District, NJ
- B-Lounsberry Hollow Middle School
- Vernon Township School District, NJ
Minisink Valley Middle School Reviews
I have had a good education experience here. The music and arts program is amazing, and also has very good sports teams, but for 6th graders and those who are not interested in sports or art have almost no options. Also, the language options aren't great- there are only two, and French only allows approx. 20 students. The school budget was also recently cut, and less and less is going towards helping students. Also, if you plan on moving to Minisink, the quality of the school lunch is abysmal. I mean, we do have 3D printers, and yet, until last year, our computers were from the early 2000's. And even the new desktop computers are bad. And the Chromebooks are even worse.
Great School. It is in a great location. The faculty and staff are always helpful and caring. They offer the children lots of opportunities to join in different clubs and activities that the campus offers.
I came to Minisink Valley from New York City Schools. In NY city schools homework is given everyday, including Christmas vacation. Minisink doesn't give any homework to keep you busy. I wish I would've went to Monroe H.S.