Minisink Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Middletown, NY. It has 1,347 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Minisink Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A70 Students
- C+69 Students
- A-62 Students
- A+58 Students
- B+49 Students
- B+41 Students
- A39 Students
- B38 Students
- A+36 Students
- B+35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Minisink Valley High School
- BWallkill Valley Regional High School
- Public School
- Hardyston Township, NJ
- 79 reviews
- A-Warwick Valley High School
- Warwick Valley Central School District, NY
- 307 reviews
- B+Goshen Central High School
- Goshen Central School District, NY
- 141 reviews
- B+Vernon Township High School
- Vernon Township School District, NJ
- 159 reviews
Minisink Valley High School Reviews
I really enjoy Minisink Valley. I will never ever forget my time there. They had amazing teachers who inspired me to learn and to be the best person I could be. I learned so much information that will help me later in life. The friendships I made from minisink are friendships that will last a life time. My only complaint is to treat all sports equally and to make sure the music programs get as much attention as the sports team. Everyone in a sport, band, chorus, or in a club are very important. I learned that everyone is their own person and they all are different and amazing in their own way. I learned to love and respect other because of Minisink. I hope to be a teacher one day because my teachers in Minisink inspired me to teach and possibly come back and teach at Minisink!
I’ve been part of Minisink for about 4 years. I came from the Bronx to Otisville in November of 2014. It was a drastic change, everything was different. Being that the school was bigger, it wasn’t as diverse as being in the city. I had to accommodate to what was now “home.” I had some amazing teachers along the way that helped me throughout my years.
I had a wonderful experience at Minisink Valley High School. I was given an excellent education and had every opportunity I had hoped for. The institution is clean and professional and extremely respectable. The staff is incredible as well!