Minisink Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Middletown, NY. It has 1,379 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Minisink Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-64 Students
- B-64 Students
- A-56 Students
- A+50 Students
- B45 Students
- B+40 Students
- B36 Students
- A35 Students
- B33 Students
- A-32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Minisink Valley High School
- B+Wallkill Valley Regional High School
- Public School
- Hardyston Township, NJ
- 70 reviews
- A-Warwick Valley High School
- Warwick Valley Central School District, NY
- 298 reviews
- A-Goshen Central High School
- Goshen Central School District, NY
- 137 reviews
- BVernon Township High School
- Vernon Township School District, NJ
- 158 reviews
Minisink Valley High School Reviews
I had a wonderful experience at Minisink Valley High School. I was given an excellent education and had every opportunity I had hoped for. The institution is clean and professional and extremely respectable. The staff is incredible as well!
This school has taught me to appreciate diversity. Despite the lack of diversity in this school, I learned to thrive in my surroundings and make genuine friennships and learned valuable lessons. My teachers were competant and instrumental in my learning. My guidance couselor truly inspired me to excell in everything that I wished to do. Although there are some aspects where this school needs to improve in, overall my experience here made me the person that I am today.
Minisink Valley High School was an interesting and diverse place to grow up in. Plenty of very nice people, understanding teachers that truly want you to grow and do something with your life that makes you happy and successful, as well as an impeccable Administration and Guidance Staff. Only problem was that the food wasn't that great...not horrible but not great.