Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Mineral Wells High School is a public school located in Mineral Wells, TX. It has 839 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Mineral Wells High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-125 Students
- B-85 Students
- A+83 Students
- B67 Students
- A-63 Students
- A+59 Students
- B+55 Students
- B+51 Students
- A42 Students
- A37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Mineral Wells High School
- BWeatherford High School
- Weatherford Independent School District, TX
- 380 reviews
- BSanto High School
- Santo Independent School District, TX
- 38 reviews
- C+Graford High School
- Graford Independent School District, TX
- 15 reviews
- C+Poolville High School
- Poolville Independent School District, TX
- 14 reviews
Mineral Wells High School Reviews
I love the opportunities students get to have through our programs in the community. Whether it be through service projects or volunteering there’s always ways for us, the student body, to help when we can! I’d like the see the students get more involved in clubs and activities. Personally, I enjoy partaking in the multiple activities our school has to offer and I wish my peers would get involved.
For the most part, my experience at Mineral Wells HighSchool was pretty good. The teachers for my core classes were very involved in my education and wanted to push me to do my best. However, when it came to CTE teacher they were hired based on who they knew, not their ability. A few (not all) also seemed to be able to do whatever they pleased without consequences.
It's alright. Not the best nor the worst high school. Overall it's a typical, mediocre education. The community is great though.