Mineral Wells High School is a public school located in Mineral Wells, TX. It has 881 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Mineral Wells High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+109 Students
- B78 Students
- A+75 Students
- B+59 Students
- A-58 Students
- A+49 Students
- B+48 Students
- B+46 Students
- A38 Students
- A31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Mineral Wells High School
- BWeatherford High School
- Weatherford Independent School District, TX
- 349 reviews
- BSanto High School
- Santo Independent School District, TX
- 37 reviews
- B-Graford High School
- Graford Independent School District, TX
- 11 reviews
- B-Poolville High School
- Poolville Independent School District, TX
- 11 reviews
Mineral Wells High School Reviews
Mineral Wells High School had so many caring teachers that really challenged their students. There was no such thing as an "easy A." Students really had to work for their grade. However, the English department was weak and didn't teach students the skills they need for college. The only other downfall for Mineral Wells is that they were focused more on their sports program than their academics program. This is coming from an athlete, too. Of course, the cafeteria food could use some work as well. That's at any school, though. On the brighter side, there are several levels of classes to take, like pre-AP, AP, and college level. There are also multiple career based classes and extracurricular activities to be apart of. Overall, the staff, administration, and activities offered at Mineral Wells High School make it well worth attending.
The teachers I've experienced have good intentions, but compared to my old school, I'm not so sure it stacks up. The people are friendly, but some of them don't know how to keep an attitude to themselves.
I have been a student at Mineral Wells High School for three and a half years now and I have had a great experience here so far. I believe that being in an organization myself, I have seen high school in a different way than some students. When I first arrived I was a little nervous but the staff was very welcoming and helpful to every student and visitor. If there is ever an issue they are quick to resolve it any way that they can. A lot of the teachers get involved in events such as pep rallies and when there is a sports event they help with concession stands or they just come to show support for their students and that is a great thing to see. The teachers also provide as much help as they can when a student's grade is falling or they just do not understand the lesson.