Mineral Ridge High School is an above average, public school located in Mineral Ridge, OH. It has 426 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Mineral Ridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B95 Students
- B48 Students
- A+47 Students
- B-41 Students
- B39 Students
- C28 Students
- A-25 Students
- A17 Students
- B13 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Mineral Ridge High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Mineral Ridge High School
- C+Lowellville High School
- Lowellville Local School District, OH
- 34 reviews
- B-Salem High School
- Salem City School District, OH
- 68 reviews
- B-Southeast High School
- Southeast Local School District (Ravenna), OH
- 80 reviews
- C-Windham High School
- Windham Exempted Village School District, OH
- 38 reviews
Mineral Ridge High School Reviews
Mineral Ridge High School is a very wonderful school. Every teacher and administrator try to make sure that each student is caught up with their grades and are happy in school. Every student in the school is nice and no one bullies or makes someone feel terrible about themselves. The one thing that I like about Mineral Ridge is the student body. We all try to support sport teams, and everyone is nice to everyone. The one thing that I would want Mineral Ridge to change is their options of extracurricular activities. Students would enjoy school more if we had Home EC, or wood shop. Overall, Mineral Ridge is a very good school and I would highly recommend it.
Mineral Ridge High School is a very nice high school to attend. The academics are strict and curriculums are harder than normal. The teachers are very involved and most of them are willing to help students out. I wish there were more options for sports. The sports they have are very basic and not all that attractive to many students. There should also be more clubs but MRHS does have a decent amount of clubs. Many things done by the school or at the school are hosted/created by students. The school prepares you well for college in the aspect of academics, but leaves you unprepared on living on your own. There are no classes offered to guide students through the next stages of life. The administration is very helpful and does a lot for the student body, especially the senior class.
I was very pleased with how much my teachers were involved with who I was becoming and my education. They were cared about how well I was doing in school and were willing to do anything to help. Not only were my teachers a huge help, but my coaches and the athletics I was in really pushed me harder than I could've pushed myself.