Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Mineral Ridge High School is an above average, public school located in Mineral Ridge, OH. It has 436 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Mineral Ridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B106 Students
- A+54 Students
- B53 Students
- B-44 Students
- B-43 Students
- C+29 Students
- A-27 Students
- A-22 Students
- B14 Students
- B14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Mineral Ridge High School
- B-Lowellville High School
- Lowellville Local School District, OH
- 35 reviews
- B-Salem High School
- Salem City School District, OH
- 71 reviews
- B-Southeast High School
- Southeast Local School District (Ravenna), OH
- 85 reviews
- CWindham High School
- Windham Exempted Village School District, OH
- 38 reviews
Mineral Ridge High School Reviews
Mineral Ridge High School is a very good school. Here at Mineral Ridge we like to put academics first. Most teachers care about how well we are doing in their class and will help us if they see us struggling. Students are very nice and are well behaved. If something wrong happens the facility and administration is on it quick. Not a lot of problems happen here at MRHS though. On school grounds we also have a resource officer. There are many clubs, activities, programs, classes, and college classes for the students to choose from. Sports at MRHS aren't the greatest right now, but they are working to rebuild the programs and form great hardworking athletes.
Mineral Ridge High School is a great place to go to school to, it's a comfortable size within the small town of Mineral Ridge, so everyone knows everyone else. Everyone is friendly, and when I started going there my junior year, I made friends fast and found a great friends group that made me feel like I fit in. The things I would like to see change would be that the food needs to be a lot better, the sports program needs to worry more about other sports like baseball and softball and volleyball other than just football, and the school needs to have more clubs and available extra classes in the arts department.
Mineral Ridge High School is a very wonderful school. Every teacher and administrator try to make sure that each student is caught up with their grades and are happy in school. Every student in the school is nice and no one bullies or makes someone feel terrible about themselves. The one thing that I like about Mineral Ridge is the student body. We all try to support sport teams, and everyone is nice to everyone. The one thing that I would want Mineral Ridge to change is their options of extracurricular activities. Students would enjoy school more if we had Home EC, or wood shop. Overall, Mineral Ridge is a very good school and I would highly recommend it.