Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Mineral County High School is a public school located in Hawthorne, NV. It has 140 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 6 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Mineral County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+34 Students
- B20 Students
- C-19 Students
- C+13 Students
- C8 Students
- C+8 Students
- C6 Students
- B-6 Students
- B6 Students
- A6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Mineral County High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Mineral County High School Reviews
I enjoy going to Mineral County High School. I’ve attended this school for 4 years now and I have learned a good amount of things I will take on with me to my future. I have made great memories here with my teachers and my friends. This school has plenty of spirit and being a cheerleader myself, I have definitely felt proud to be a student here and leave my legacy behind. Things that I would like to see change for the underclass men is fixing up lockers, maybe repainting a few things like the bathroom, and any little detail that can be made to really put the school together.
This is absolutely the most awesome school. My daughter just graduated from there. Actually this is my home town & I am very proud of this school. My kids went to elementary & junior high, unfortunately we had to move & only one graduated from there. This town stands behind their kids in sports, I have watched the whole town line the main street & send them kids off with such pride. Both the girls & boys basketball teams took state this year. #GOSERPENTS
Mineral Country is unlike any other High Schools in the nation. This school is so unique and family orientated. I started attending this school my Freshman year of High School and I loved it! I made the varsity cheerleading team and cheered all the way to state! Many people say that just because this school is in the middle of nowhere, and is very small, that you won't make it, or learn anything from going, but they're so wrong. MCHS is a great school and they do the absolute best they can with their funds and making the school a place you would love to say you graduated from. The teachers are like family and will help you with whatever you need if you apply yourself. You feel comfortable with waking up and knowing that MCHS is the school you go too and if I could choose to go here all over again, I would say YES, YES, YES.