Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Milton-Union High School is a public school located in West Milton, OH. It has 442 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Milton-Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-66 Students
- A+57 Students
- A-44 Students
- B41 Students
- B-38 Students
- A32 Students
- A30 Students
- A-29 Students
- B18 Students
- C17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Milton-Union High School
- BArcanum High School
- Arcanum-Butler Local School District, OH
- 33 reviews
- B+Brookville High School
- Brookville Local School District, OH
- 75 reviews
- BCovington High School
- Covington Exempted Village School District, OH
- 26 reviews
- B-Dixie High School
- New Lebanon Local School District, OH
- 37 reviews
Milton-Union High School Reviews
Good school with engaging teachers. They try their hardest to make sure you understand what it is you’re learning. If you don’t understand, they try to work with you until you do. The biggest problem is probably favoritism, although I guess that it can be present in every school. Sometimes it seems like “good kids” get a blind eye when it comes to doing something wrong. Academics and keeping your grades up are held very high, but there is little regard to students’ mental health. Once in an emergency situation, students were given very little and vague information. This terrified them and made them feel unsafe. Along with this, theres teachers at Milton Union who seem to do a poor job at teaching, and most students struggle to retain information in their classes with those teachers. Other than the downsides, it’s an alright school. The teachers push you past your limits, whether you think that is good or bad.
I transferred over to the Miami valley career center my junior year but before when i went to Milton, I was miserable. I am still a enrolled student there, just attend the ctc. At Milton I felt very poorly treated by the own staff. The staff was there only for the money, not because they liked kids or wanted to help us. I felt so useless there and felt I was learning nothing and now that i attend ctc i am so much happier.
I liked how all the staff and students were always so kind. Everyone is always willing to help you if you need it. I always felt like I had someone to go to if I needed something. I think it is very important for students to have someone to go to if there is a problem or even if that student is having family problems. All the students are always there for you and if you need a friend to talk to it is always easy to make new friends at Milton. I would like to see some of the teachers teaching styles change so it makes it easier for students to learn.