Milton High School is a top rated, public school located in Milton, MA. It has 1,000 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Milton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A217 Students
- A+110 Students
- A+107 Students
- A+101 Students
- B84 Students
- B68 Students
- B+63 Students
- A-61 Students
- A-55 Students
- C+52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Milton High School Reviews
Milton High School provides a diverse experience for all students, with access to several courses that lead to college majors as well as many different career paths. Academics are a priority in Milton High School, as all staff and administrators are very helpful with college educating students, even being a huge support with college processing. Extracurricular activities including clubs and sports are also a major influence to many students, bringing forth success within the community and creating expansive opportunities to apply to any interest. Overall, Milton High School is an excellent school system that properly educates students and produces beneficial learning environments for all students.
Milton High school is an okay school overall. My biggest complaint however are the public buses. 2 buses! Only 2 buses are available to the students who take the bus. The ride is very uncomfortable and there are usually 3 people to a seat and the isle is filled with students standing. It’s not only uncomfortable but it’s not very safe either. For $400 per student per year, I’d expect another bus. It would be safer and the students would be happier.
I liked the relationship I was able to form with my guidance counselors and with some of my teachers. Milton High has a lot of great adults who genuinely want to see you succeed. However, I think the school culture can be toxic sometimes, and the students can get caught up in doing illegal things pretty easily. I also think more funding and support should go toward the music and theatre departments.