Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Milton High School is a top rated, public school located in Alpharetta, GA. It has 2,367 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Milton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+786 Students
- A+386 Students
- B377 Students
- B262 Students
- A259 Students
- A+224 Students
- A206 Students
- B+205 Students
- B203 Students
- A+183 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.51 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.51 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 193 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.72 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.77 responses
Milton High School Reviews
Milton is a great school filled with academically excelling students and teachers/administrators who actually care for your well-being. The sports and arts are terrific! The Cirque program is ranked at the top in the nation and many of our sports are state champions or ranked at the top of the state. There are numerous club at school so you will definitely be able to find what you enjoy. If not, it is easy to start your own club too. However, the school culture absolutely sucks with a plethora of stuck-up materialistic children feeding off their parents' wealth. Along with this, around 50% of these students do drugs or vape blatantly in front of teachers in lower level classes.
From enthusiastic teachers to frequent de-stress programs, I enjoyed the balance between academics and fun at Milton High School. Our skateboarding principal, Mr. Jones, understood the importance of giving students access to a wide range of academic options. With over 30 AP courses and several career paths to choose from, I was able to experience several different lifestyles while still in HS. When I wanted to start my non- profit's first shoe drive, Mr. Jones supported me and my friends' efforts by giving us access to storage, technology and advice. I only got to the point of starting my own non-profit with the help of MHS's Social Innovator's Academy, where we got access to social entrepreneurs' mentorship. This is only my experience, MHS provides resources for each students aspirations along with the necessary relaxation programs, like a meditation room. One thing I would add to MHS is more programs that involve going outside since fresh air would improve all students' health.
Milton High is an incredible school. It's superb in all 3 A's - the Arts, Academics, and Athletics. Now I can't speak much for athletics, all I know is we have a great football team with incredibly fun games. But, the arts is my niche. Their theatre program is on a collegiate level, same with their band, orchestra, and chorus program. They also have a circus program with two classes - fundamentals and performance. Not many high schools have a cirque program. The shows are incredible. The academics are great, too. Milton provides many classes to fit every students needs. Overall, the staff is very kind and supportive. Our principal is an incredible man. He makes an effort to wish all students a happy birthday on their birthday. Milton high school is a great school I was fortunate enough to attend.