Milton Academy Reviews

The English department is very strong but the math program is quite weak. Teachers expect students in math to basically learn on their own, there is very little lecturing, maybe once a week. Very diverse student body from kids all over the globe. Sports are good, social life is very tough especially for more conservative kids coming from traditional families. Easier to navigate through high school years here with a good group of friends, otherwise good luck.
Attending Milton Academy has been one of my most fulfilling experiences. All of the students are motivated, which has only helped me to work harder in the classroom, on the field, and in rehearsals in order to keep up, and the diverse backgrounds of the student body have helped widen my world view, and gain understanding for those different than I am. Not only have I been able to try new activities and classes because of the many options Milton offers, but I have also met some of my closest friends while living in my dorm, and on my sports teams. The lessons I have learned, the friends I have made, and the experiences that I have here had will carry me far past my graduation.
As a senior at Milton Academy, I have so many great things to say about Milton Academy. It has honestly been one of the best collective experiences of my life. My only knock is the food; it can be a little subpar at times. Otherwise, I can't be more grateful to have spent the time that I have spent at Milton. I sure will miss this place.
Start Your Review of Milton Academy
As a parent, I could not be happier with the education my two daughters have received at Milton. The have learned a lot, and have really grown as individuals. The college placement group may be the best one in the entire world! I felt they were safe and supported at their dorm (they are both boarders), and have made lifelong friends.

Each of my girls had one bad sports experience at Milton, so I didn't give sports that high of a mark, but everything else is great.
I love milton. I have had a great experience. I love the milton community and all the activities available to students. I love the fact that I can meet with my teachers at pretty much anytime due to the fact that most faculty live near or on campus. Milton has been great to me and I love attending the school.
Love the freedom of classes and choice of classes to take.
These teachers are insightful, tough but reasonable, and friendly.
The school is pretty safe. We have multiple programs in place that students can use in case anything goes wrong.
Vast majority of clubs and it's really easy to start one.
I had a great experience with administration but when it came to stand up for the students they push you aside.
Our school offers health and counseling, but I'm not sure if many students use these services.
There are many options, and the school is very flexible in allowing students to create new clubs. However, the amount of time allotted to clubs feels a bit short at times.
The school is very flexible and has so many opportunities. However, it definitely isn't for everyone, and it can be very easy to be swallowed up in the tough academic and social environment.
In my personal experience, the teachers have been great. They were readily available for meetings and were very willing to make sure I understood the material. However, I heard from some of my classmates that some of their teachers were not the best. Sometimes those teachers were too tough or unfair when it came to grading.
Campus is secured, on site housing is clean and secured. Policies and procedures are geared to protect the students.
Diverse variety of groups and activities to keep all students engaged.
The extracurricular activities here are endless. Anything you want to do probably already exists on campus, and if it doesn't you're free to start your own club.
Start Your Review of Milton Academy
It's not perfect, but overall I've had a wonderful experience. I love all of the friends I've made and the incredible classes I've taken and all of the experiences I've had the privilege of having.
Teachers are extremely dedicated to their students. Some teachers are not the best, but the majority are absolutely amazing. A lot of teachers are very funny and kind, I've loved essentially every teacher I've had.
I feel incredibly safe on campus. Campus safety is always patrolling and making sure nothing suspicious goes unattended. In many buildings, you cannot enter unless you have a student ID swipe card. If you are ever sick or hurt, the health center is an amazing resource for students.