Milton Academy Reviews

Milton Academy is a great school that definitely prepares their students well for college and life beyond. As a boarder, learning how to manage my time on my own and keep a healthy balance of academics, extracurriculars, play, and rest has been incredibly transformative. The teachers and other staff members, for the most part, all want to see their students succeed, and the relationships you make with them can be deep and meaningful. The mix of roughly 50% day students and 50% boarding students means that there is both a diversity of backgrounds and a diversity of thought, but less of the latter since the school seems to lean towards liberal rhetoric. Being in a suburban community south of downtown Boston, boarding students often participate in school organized activities that explore the many different kinds of communities in the surrounding area. Overall, my experience at Milton has been incredible, and I'm very grateful for how much the school and its resources have helped me grow.
A campus with amazing facilities. Top notch education which can be very stressful at times, but it has very much prepared me for college. Milton Academy has been the launching pad for my future successes. There are so many amazing opportunities to be found here: from the numerous dance and arts programs to the wide array of class choices to the great clubs after school. I've always loved the campus and this school feels like home.
Hardest and most rewarding 9 years of my life. The connections I made with my teachers still hold 5 years out. It was by no means easy, but I learned drastically more in high school than I did in college
Start Your Review of Milton Academy
Milton Academy is rigorous learning environment where students are encouraged to discuss with and learn from each other. Each teacher is dedicated to teaching creatively, trying new methods to help their students most effectively learn. The resources are amazing, and the opportunities are endless.
Going here was the worst school experience I have ever had in my entire 11 years of life, 6 years of schooling, and 5 schools I have been to so far. All the kids and teachers are incredibly snobby and judgemental. I have experienced and seen numerous kids been bullied by one stuck up, 2006 born girl. It is also very pricey. Don't go here if you don't expect to be dissapointed.
The academics, the teachers, and the resources that Milton Academy provides its students are invaluable. Once in college, you appreciate the skills that the school has given you.
I like that they offer so many courses for people to take, but there are things they could improve such as listening to its students more.
Going to Milton has been an extremely positive experience for me. I have met my amazing best friends and I have taken some incredible classes. I love being able to go to class with people from all around the country and the world. The extracurricular opportunities are all awesome and the food is pretty good (at lunch there are always tons of options). Furthermore, Milton's college counseling program is extremely strong.
Milton Academy is one of the best things in my life, but also the most stressful. The opportunities at Milton are endless and I feel incredibly privileged to have teachers that care about my well being, activities and clubs, a beautiful campus, and a seemingly endless supply of resources (such as art supplies, computers labs, food).
Our food selection is incredible with a food for every person in any mood. The staff is always kind which just adds to the joy of lunchtime.
While there are teachers I have heard about that are hard to work with or learn from(which happens anywhere), I have been very lucky to only have dealt with one teacher I didn't like (out of more than 25). I appreciate the skill level that the teachers have and the personal relationship that students can build with them throughout the year.
I think that the faculty is very fair and thorough when dealing with disciplinary issues and I completely agree with the standards of respect and honesty that we are held up to.
The English department is very strong but the math program is quite weak. Teachers expect students in math to basically learn on their own, there is very little lecturing, maybe once a week. Very diverse student body from kids all over the globe. Sports are good, social life is very tough especially for more conservative kids coming from traditional families. Easier to navigate through high school years here with a good group of friends, otherwise good luck.
Attending Milton Academy has been one of my most fulfilling experiences. All of the students are motivated, which has only helped me to work harder in the classroom, on the field, and in rehearsals in order to keep up, and the diverse backgrounds of the student body have helped widen my world view, and gain understanding for those different than I am. Not only have I been able to try new activities and classes because of the many options Milton offers, but I have also met some of my closest friends while living in my dorm, and on my sports teams. The lessons I have learned, the friends I have made, and the experiences that I have here had will carry me far past my graduation.
As a senior at Milton Academy, I have so many great things to say about Milton Academy. It has honestly been one of the best collective experiences of my life. My only knock is the food; it can be a little subpar at times. Otherwise, I can't be more grateful to have spent the time that I have spent at Milton. I sure will miss this place.
As a parent, I could not be happier with the education my two daughters have received at Milton. The have learned a lot, and have really grown as individuals. The college placement group may be the best one in the entire world! I felt they were safe and supported at their dorm (they are both boarders), and have made lifelong friends.

Each of my girls had one bad sports experience at Milton, so I didn't give sports that high of a mark, but everything else is great.
I love milton. I have had a great experience. I love the milton community and all the activities available to students. I love the fact that I can meet with my teachers at pretty much anytime due to the fact that most faculty live near or on campus. Milton has been great to me and I love attending the school.
Love the freedom of classes and choice of classes to take.
These teachers are insightful, tough but reasonable, and friendly.
The school is pretty safe. We have multiple programs in place that students can use in case anything goes wrong.
Start Your Review of Milton Academy
Vast majority of clubs and it's really easy to start one.
I had a great experience with administration but when it came to stand up for the students they push you aside.
Our school offers health and counseling, but I'm not sure if many students use these services.