Millington High School is a public school located in Millington, TN. It has 938 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 3% of students are at least proficient in math and 30% in reading.
Millington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B95 Students
- B38 Students
- B37 Students
- A-35 Students
- C-30 Students
- B-24 Students
- C24 Students
- B-21 Students
- A-19 Students
- B18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 48 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Millington High School Reviews
During my time at Millington Central High, I can say it was quite average. The school didn't have many unique qualities about it that could make it noticed, and students just simply went to school. Now, while I was there, the choir was amazing! We got high ranking in competitions and even got invited to New York to preform! I graduated in 2017 though, and my previous choir teacher has since moved on somewhere else. Honestly, besides the choir, it was just average in my opinion. Not enough effort was put into the sport programs, and most of the equipment for clubs or classes were outdated. Millington High has nice teachers and staff. The school did a good job teaching and informing, but I say it never went the extra mile, at least when I went there.
I enjoy Millington Central High School. Ever since attending as a freshman in 2016, I have done nothing but grow. The teachers and faculty are amazing. This is the first school I've been to that the faculty actually cares about your progress and where you end up in life. They also ensure you have all the help you need to get to the college of your dreams and make the process extremely easy. They also provide free food to all the students which benefits everyone. The coaches at Millington also push you to accel past your limits and achieve feats you never thought possible; the coaches not only teach you to be the best athlete you can be, they teach you how to be the best man/women you could be.
Millington Central High School is just like any other high school. I don't really think any high school student just enjoys getting up every morning and going to school. As far as administration, they are on the students like white on rice and that causes the students to just misbehave. Although I know that school is not meant to be fun, we have absolutely no fun! The students have no say so in the school activities, then the administration gets upset when we don't participate in the activities. Tragic right? The food is..... whew. Unexplainable. The best thing about MCHS is the handful of teachers that actually care for the students.