Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Millersburg Area Senior High School is a public school located in Millersburg, PA. It has 247 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Millersburg Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B26 Students
- A+26 Students
- C+20 Students
- B-17 Students
- C+16 Students
- B16 Students
- A-16 Students
- B14 Students
- B13 Students
- A13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Millersburg Area Senior High School
- B-Upper Dauphin Area High School
- Upper Dauphin Area School District, PA
- 93 reviews
- B-Susquenita High School
- Susquenita School District, PA
- 48 reviews
- C+Halifax Area High School
- Halifax Area School District, PA
- 46 reviews
- B+Greenwood High School
- Greenwood School District, PA
- 38 reviews
Millersburg Area Senior High School Reviews
There were a lot of ways to get involved in the community through sports and extracurriculars, but the curriculum did not prepare me for college in the mathematics and sciences departments. The mentality about the school was also usually negative, and excellence was looked down upon. I wish these areas would improve, but the English department was very thorough and helpful.
I graduated from a rural school in central Pennsylvania. My time at Millersburg took me on a journey to find myself. During my freshman year, my father passed away suddenly. It was the supportive and caring staff that helped to get me through one of the darkest times in my life. They encouraged me to go out of my comfort zone; to try new experiences, made me pull my weight and pulled me up when I needed help. Academically they prepared me for the next step in my education. More importantly they prepared me for the future.
I think our teachers could have better quality teaching if the teachers wouldn't have to spend so much time on State mandatory testings throughout the school year. Some of the teachers styles of teaching is good if you aren't a student that has any type of learning disability. Most of the teachers are interested in the students grading if the student shows interest that he/she cares about what their grade is. If the student doesn't care, the teacher seems to not care as well. The consistency of grading varies between teachers. Most of the teachers will count a lot of the homework assignments towards the grade which helps students that struggle with test taking. The student can make up the part of the grade in homework assignments. Some teachers will give extra credit for just having a parent sign off on the most recent grade sheet for the class. I like this idea cause then the parents are aware of all the assignments that have been assigned and what score you received or if you didn't complete an assignment. The communication with the teachers is good if the student communicates to the teacher. For the most part, if the student doesn't communicate to the teacher about any type of difficulties the teacher will just let it go.