Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Miller Grove High School is a public school located in Lithonia, GA. It has 1,317 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Miller Grove High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B447 Students
- A+296 Students
- B+272 Students
- B-211 Students
- C204 Students
- C+202 Students
- B189 Students
- B-183 Students
- C+176 Students
- B-153 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.63 responses
Miller Grove High School Reviews
One thing I really admired about Miller Grove High School was the level of diversity and student involvement in school activity. The spirit of the students, school and teachers are very welcoming. I can proudly attest to this because I was once a new student there from an entire different country. I have never felt like an outcast while in school. The enthusiasm at the school about sports is beyond measure, especially the band activities. Sport brought the entire school together, people would often cheer on everyone regardless of race, gender, size or looks. These sportsmanship qualities that the entire school possessed made everyone feel included at all times. If there was one thing that I can change about the school is the parent teacher involvement and come up with more ideas to help the parents have more input into the schools decisions, not too much but just enough to get that family spirit that it already has completed.
Miller Grove is an athletic based school with poor education. There are few teachers there that actually cares about there students education. My experience at that school was a bad experience. I wish the the curriculum was more challenging. If it was up to me I wouldn’t have attended the school. Based on my experience it was just fights and riots, unorganized school, and very rude teachers. The school standards are very low. It’s not about learning it’s about passing there.
I graduated in the top 10% in my class. I had the support from my mom, teachers and counselor, which was my same counselor in middle school. I maintained honors during my high school career. During my 4 years, I was a band student. I knew music was my passion but playing in marching, concert , and symphonic band helped confirm my love. Many opportunities was afforded from this experience. During my senior year, I maintained my grades but life afterwards changed my about college. After working several jobs this past semester, I knew that I had made a horrible mistake. Please choose me for the next scholarship.