Millburn Senior High School is an elite, public school located in Millburn, NJ. It has 1,472 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Millburn Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+130 Students
- A+122 Students
- A109 Students
- A+107 Students
- A+100 Students
- A+97 Students
- A+95 Students
- A+90 Students
- A+87 Students
- A+86 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Millburn Senior High School
- A+Ridge High School
- Bernards Township School District, NJ
- 178 reviews
- A+Livingston Senior High School
- Livingston Public Schools, NJ
- 289 reviews
- A+Summit Senior High School
- Summit Public Schools, NJ
- 142 reviews
- A+Chatham High School
- The School District of the Chathams, NJ
- 114 reviews
Millburn Senior High School Reviews
Great academic reputation, that comes with a cost. Student anxiety levels are through the roof and depression plague half of the student body. We are known for our amazing faculty, but rarely do we have actually good teachers. It has been found that out of your core 5 classes one to two of your teachers actually understand how to teach and welcome you after school for more help if need be. Yes, we are “college ready,” but has anyone stopped to think that maybe we are to ready. When kids that go to uchicago come back and say “yeah college is super easy compared to Millburn,” perhaps that isn’t such a good thing.
I am currently a junior at Millburn High School, and so far it has been a great experience. The curriculum is flexible, covering all the basic subjects while allowing students to customize their schedule according to their interests. There are so many after school clubs that it is impossible for one to not find something he is interested in. The teachers are all amazing, allowing the students to be responsible for themselves but providing help when needed. The school library is chock full of research resources; not only are there thousands of books, but the library also subscribes to many online scholarly websites and newspapers that help students with research. The school is a bully-free zone; all the students are very kind and willing to help one another.
Incredible Teachers. Incredible Academics. Incredible Resources. Incredible School. By the end of your child's high school career, he or she will absolutely ready for College. I've even heard former Millburn High School students saying that College is easier than High School, since the work load is less and the stress is lower. While high school may feel like a never ending hell, it will all be worth it at the end.