Millburn Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in MILLBURN, NJ. It has 1,457 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Millburn Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+168 Students
- A+154 Students
- A145 Students
- A+133 Students
- A+116 Students
- A+106 Students
- A+102 Students
- A+102 Students
- A+95 Students
- A+94 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Millburn Senior High School
- A+Ridge High School
- Bernards Township School District, NJ
- 203 reviews
- A+Livingston Senior High School
- Livingston Board of Education School District, NJ
- 317 reviews
- A+Summit Senior High School
- Summit Public School District, NJ
- 148 reviews
- A+Chatham High School
- The School District of the Chathams, NJ
- 125 reviews
Millburn Senior High School Reviews
At Millburn High School, the classwork is very rigorous and the teachers have high expectations for the students. Although it is very challenging in high school, as a college student I believe that Millburn High School has sufficiently prepared me for the coursework in college. The majority of students are extremely competitive, and students must test into AP courses due to the high demand. Class sizes are small and teachers are usually happy to meet with students. The guidance department is very helpful and is always accessible to students. It is the student's responsibility to be proactive and make appointments. Lastly, I believe that Millburn High School offers a wide variety of different courses that students can take. For example, besides the basic sciences (physics, chemistry, biology), MHS offers forensic science, meteorology, genetics, astronomy, etc.
Millburn is one of the most academically challenging public high schools in the United States. A lot of people see the students as rich, entitled, brats, but the large majority of us are unbelievably hardworking and diligent. I would say that we suffer from overwhelmingly high levels of stress and anxiety from our community and peers. Our academic environment is very competitive, but tends to prepare us for the best colleges. I have even heard stories about alumni who say that college was easier than some aspects of Millburn. As for diversity, most of the students are white, Chinese, or Indian. There are, however, less than twenty African American students in each grade. As one of the only transgender students in the school, I can say pretty confidently that there are not real problems with bullying.I don’t know much about drug usage( I’d never do that) but I think people vape.
Overall, Millburn High School is really a terrific school. It does, in fact, have a strong reputation, and that certainly helps when it comes to college applications. I have been told by several counselors that college admissions boards know that Millburn's class levels ("College Prep A", "Accelerated", etc.) rank very differently in other schools (for instance, our "College Prep A" could be a different school's "Honors"). While I am not in the top percentile of my class, I still find every single person who works here to be a big help. From the administration all the way to the custodians, everyone is there for you. In addition, there is a club for everyone, and from the academic viewpoint, there are plenty of electives that will interest everyone.