Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Millard North High School is a top rated, public school located in Omaha, NE. It has 2,573 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Millard North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-630 Students
- B512 Students
- A-228 Students
- A140 Students
- A-108 Students
- B100 Students
- A+99 Students
- B+94 Students
- C+81 Students
- A+78 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 114 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.59 responses
Schools like Millard North High School
- AMillard West High School
- Millard Public Schools, NE
- 418 reviews
- A-Millard South High School
- Millard Public Schools, NE
- 331 reviews
- AElkhorn High School
- Elkhorn Public Schools, NE
- 136 reviews
- AWestside High School
- Westside Community Schools, NE
- 526 reviews
Millard North High School Reviews
Millard North offers many different opportunities and strongly encourages students to participate. I am a part of several clubs and activities including: orchestra, athletics, academics, national honors society, and a mentoring program for freshman. Millard North is wonderful at helping students to find their niche! The teachers and staff are always happy to work with students' busy schedules and multiple extracurricular activities. Teachers genuinely want students to succeed and are willing to give students extra help, often before and after school. Millard North students have the chance to participate in the IB program and a variety of AP classes. This allows any student to challenge themselves with rigorous courses and earn college credit. Millard North also partners with many different organizations and frequently gives students the chance to donate money and clothing to those in need during several in-school fundraisers. Without a doubt, this is an unparalleled school!
A great experience for the most part. A majority of the teachers are passionate, hard-working, and truly care about helping their students through any means necessary. However, a few seem to only give out busy work and not try and make the classroom experience engaging and positive. On another note, the activities and sports offered at Millard North are outstanding, both in quality and quantity. I have found that joining groups is the best way to make friends and become part of a community amongst 2,500 students. Like most high school cafeterias, the food is adequate, but they do offer a snack shop. I have felt safe for the most part, as there are numerous security guards positioned around the school. Overall, great experience!
Overall, I'd say my Millard North experience was great. I was offered many opportunities to be involved and do well academically. I do think the administration should be tougher on students caught with illegal substances and students who initiate violence. I also think guidance counselors and administrative staff should make more of an effort to get to know ALL students, not just popular students, athletes, etc. I do think it is a beautiful school and it's high ratings in Nebraska and regionally aren't for nothing!