Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Mill Valley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Shawnee, KS. It has 1,379 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Mill Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-429 Students
- A420 Students
- B+138 Students
- B114 Students
- B105 Students
- B+99 Students
- A-94 Students
- B-70 Students
- A-69 Students
- B64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Mill Valley High School
- ADe Soto High School
- DeSoto Unified School District, KS
- 267 reviews
- A-Eudora High School
- Eudora Unified School District, KS
- 90 reviews
- APark Hill South High School
- Park Hill School District, MO
- 240 reviews
- A+Blue Valley West High School
- Blue Valley Unified School District (Overland Park), KS
- 276 reviews
Mill Valley High School Reviews
Imagine going into a school thinking it's a labyrinth of classes and locations. That was exactly what it was my first few days at Mill Valley. Within the first week at Mill Valley I was able to navigate myself wherever needed to be. This was the case because of the student body and faculty always helping those in need. Not only would they help me just the one time I asked, but anytime they saw me prior would make sure I knew where I was. The school administration is also a very well conducted group of people always looking out for their students or so they called, their "kids". Whenever I was in need of assistance or out of line, they would be there to guide me back to where I needed to be. Overall Mill Valley is still to this day becoming more advanced and hope one day my children can join with this amazing environment!
Highly qualified, caring, and engaging teachers. All of my kids graduated/will graduate with at least a year of college credit thanks to the fantastic AP and college prep programs. All felt happy and comfortable at school. All participated in sports, award-winning music program, and activities. Not one of the suburban mega-schools: there are enough opportunities so that everyone can participate in something that interests them, and the vast majority of kids do!
Pretty great overall, lots of great teachers and staff! There are many great clubs and activities to join for any kind of person. There are also many opportunities for jobs, community service and many other things that Mill Valley provides.