Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Milford High School is an above average, public school located in Milford, NH. It has 809 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Milford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+180 Students
- grade B87 Students
- grade B minus82 Students
- grade A+63 Students
- grade B minus61 Students
- grade C+56 Students
- grade B+49 Students
- grade C47 Students
- grade A46 Students
- grade A minus45 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responses
- Football Games and Spirit Week33%
- Unified Basketball Game24%
- Hypnotist show17%
- Chorus and Voice Workshop concerts7%
- Field day6%
- School play6%
- Marching band shows4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,771 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 32 responses
Schools like Milford High School
- grade B+Conval Regional High School
- Contoocook Valley School District, NH
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 163 reviews
- grade BAlvirne High School
- Hudson School District, NH
- Rating 3.6 out of 5 220 reviews
- grade B minusCampbell High School
- Litchfield School District, NH
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 158 reviews
- grade BMerrimack High School
- Merrimack School District, NH
- Rating 3.53 out of 5 252 reviews
Milford High School Reviews
Rating 3.84 out of 5 201 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience with the Milford School District was all around a great experience. The school district really tries to be involved with the community and assisting students with their needs. Milford High School has a number of programs, after school activities, and classes that assist kids in finding their future career. Programs and classes include fine arts, arts, career and technical education. These classes, programs, and after school activities get students involved with the community, and expands students' interests. However, I do believe that the school district can work on some aspects of the school. Students would want to change the internet issue and the money distribution between programs. Recently, new administration had taken over and they bought a large amount of new chrome books. The internet connection became slow, making it hard to research and work on the internet. Also, multiple departments are struggling and could use the money for better equipment and supplies.
Though the facilities and resources left something to be desired, attending Milford High School was a great experience. With a strong sense of community at the heart of the school, passionate students and teachers were able to build strong connections and inspire each other to learn and grow. I feel that this school allowed me to explore and become proficient in many areas of interest, and that this truly prepared me for a successful college experience. I left this school with an amazing educational foundation, a sense of excitement for what was to come, and a strong support group of friends and staff.
I have enjoyed my experience at Milford High School, it has a very close, helpful community. I enjoyed all of the teachers that I've had because of how much they cared and how helpful they were. I also really appreciated the wide variety of classes that were offered at Milford. They made sure that their students had every opportunity to indulge in their interests. Not only did they do an excellent job in the academic part of a high school but they also did a wonderful job making sure there were enough welcoming clubs and sports. Milford High School tried to include everyone in the events that they held and their community overall.