Milan High School is an above average, public school located in Milan, MI. It has 727 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Milan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-157 Students
- A98 Students
- A+94 Students
- B-85 Students
- B+67 Students
- B+66 Students
- B63 Students
- B62 Students
- B+41 Students
- B36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Milan High School Reviews
Overall Milan High School was a enjoyable school. I felt that the staff really did care about not only your education, but also your well being. In multiple cases I felt that the students also were enjoyable. Students, including myself, have made a valid effort to include students who seemed to be struggling or simple in need of a friend. Milan High is also very nice and well kept, its visually appealing to the eye. Durning my many years at Milan, I have witnessed a few issues. I felt that drugs and vaping seemed to be a major issue within the high school. Also punishments were taken lightly, if ever given by staff. The passivness of punishment given by staff may have led students to get away with more and feel that they can break law/rules within school grounds. Despite the good and bad within Milan High School, I felt that I have gained good knowledge about social topics, political topics, different cultures, and many new point of views. I wouldn't trade my experience at Milan.
The incorporation of different classes considered core classes! That way students get a different and more enjoyable experience doing their core classes such as social studies, English, etc.
Overall, Milan High School was a decent school. Most teachers did their best to inform and educate all students in a way that was best for them, the facilities were always clean and education ready, and there were numerous clubs and sports available. However, I believe that parts of the curriculum need to be adjusted. During students senior year, all of their time is spent focusing on a competition held at the end of the year. While important skills are built in this process I believe that there needs to be more prep for life after high school. Skills such as money management, how to act in job interviews, completing resumes, etc.