Milaca Secondary High School is a public school located in Milaca, MN. It has 801 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Milaca Secondary High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+50 Students
- C+37 Students
- B-27 Students
- B+24 Students
- B16 Students
- B16 Students
- B+16 Students
- A15 Students
- B+14 Students
- B14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Milaca Secondary High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Milaca Secondary High School Reviews
There are many available class options for this institution being as small as it is, however, there are many complications with the overall community involvement and internal social environment between the students. Many issues arise and get pushed aside, allowing it to not always necessarily feel like a safe place for the students. Many incidents this could be directed onto the children themselves, they impact where they are and happen to be the direct cause, but the issue is the lack of intervention from the school board, principle, advisors etc. This school could improve in this way, many very inspiring and intelligent students resided here and deserve to be acknowlegded.
I feel this school has a lot of great things, but it also has some down points. For instance, this school has great teachers that are understanding and love to help. I have witnessed many teachers go above and beyond to help students. On the other hand, I have witnessed students being bitter towards others. Some students use homophobic slurs, racist remarks, and are extremely derogatory along with other things that can be hurtful and harmful. Our school has awesome clubs, activities, and athletic programs. We have the biggest marching band in the state including our color guard and the managers. We also have swimming, theater, softball, Dungeons and Dragons club, football, etc. The students are very active with the school.
Teachers aren't the brightest, but they know what they're doing. On the other hand, student body is very predominantly white and most of them are radically conservative. Some of the classes (especially CIS English Classes) are very interesting and eye-opening.