grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Mifflinburg Area Senior High School is a public school located in Mifflinburg, PA. It has 719 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Mifflinburg Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+75 Students
- grade B74 Students
- grade B57 Students
- grade C+35 Students
- grade A34 Students
- grade B minus30 Students
- grade A minus29 Students
- grade C+25 Students
- grade B25 Students
- grade B21 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responses
- The Christmas Concert for the whole district12%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,002 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 15 responses
Schools like Mifflinburg Area Senior High School
- grade B minusMilton High School
- Milton Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.29 out of 5 59 reviews
- grade BSelinsgrove Area High School
- Selinsgrove Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 189 reviews
- grade CShikellamy High School
- Shikellamy School District, PA
- Rating 3.14 out of 5 167 reviews
- grade B minusMidd-West High School
- Midd-West School District, PA
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 120 reviews
Mifflinburg Area Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.33 out of 5 78 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The student experience at Mifflinburg Area Senior High School is largely what one would expect from a small, rural high school. The facilities are becoming dated, the sports teams are unexceptional more often than not, and the student body suffers from a close-mindedness that makes the whole school feel as though it exists in an inescapable backwoods bubble. However, the one redeeming factor of this school, the one thing that makes day-to-day classes bearable, is the staff of teachers. The teachers at Mifflinburg, amidst uninspired administration and an equally disinterested student body, absolutely shine. They are a group of passionate and engaging educators who truly care for their students and wish only to help them succeed. I have had personal conversations with several of these teachers after regular classroom hours, and their passion for their position is evident. They are the lifeblood of this school: a reminder that there is more to the world than Mifflinburg.
Mifflinburg is your typical high school. You have the obvious cliques, the food is nothing special, but the teachers are actually really good. The teachers care not only about your academics, but also your personal well being. The student body in general lacks diversity, but a large amount of lgbt students are here for as small as the town is. The worst thing about this school is a certain guidance counselor (I won`t name). She is very unhelpful. Also the people who work in the front office and library are overall rude and act as if you are stupid.
I loved the small-town atmosphere and the sense of community that formed between every person in the building. Everybody knew everybody else's name and was really close. Each member of the faculty, from the principals to the gym teachers to the janitors, truly wanted to see everyone succeed.