Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Midwest Central High School is a public school located in Manito, IL. It has 319 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Midwest Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+43 Students
- B28 Students
- A+27 Students
- B21 Students
- B+19 Students
- B14 Students
- B10 Students
- B-8 Students
- B-8 Students
- B+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Midwest Central High School
- B-Illini Bluffs High School
- Illini Bluffs Community Unit School District No. 327, IL
- 32 reviews
- CIllini Central High School
- Illini Central Community Unit School District No. 189, IL
- 37 reviews
- C+Canton High School
- Canton Union School District No. 66, IL
- 78 reviews
- C+Havana High School
- Havana Community Unit School District No. 126, IL
- 33 reviews
Midwest Central High School Reviews
Midwest Central High School gave me the perfect opportunity to blossom as a person. I really came into my own. Even though they are a small town school, they were very accepting of those considered different. I never felt threatened as a member of the LGTBQ+ community, and I was even able to help form a club based on said community. All opinions were allowed, and discussion was always encouraged. I felt safe there, and I always knew that I had people to talk to if I needed.
MCHS, overall, has really good teachers and staff. When approached, they are open to listening to new ideas.
My experience with going to high school here was good. I had the ability to get close and have one on one time with teachers when I needed help. The biggest downfall was they didn't prepare me well for college classes. They didn't have many different options for classes.