Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Midlothian High School is an above average, public school located in Midlothian, TX. It has 1,829 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Midlothian High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+249 Students
- B+227 Students
- A+214 Students
- B+191 Students
- C170 Students
- B+169 Students
- A-166 Students
- A164 Students
- A122 Students
- B118 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 88 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Schools like Midlothian High School
- B+Kathlyn Joy Gilliam Collegiate Academy
- Dallas Independent School District, TX
- 253 reviews
- BMaypearl High School
- Maypearl Independent School District, TX
- 69 reviews
- AMartin High School
- Arlington Independent School District, TX
- 698 reviews
- AWaxahachie Global High School
- Waxahachie Independent School District, TX
- 176 reviews
Midlothian High School Reviews
A great school, definitely one of the best out of the three high schools I went to for high school. Not as diverse, but they seem to be getting better at that. One of the better taken care of schools as well. The students and staff their are definitely tight-knitted. Even though I was there for little over a semester, I would go their for all of my four years of high school, if I could!
All in all, I did not like my high school. Although I enjoyed seeing people that I liked to hang out with and was excited about the classes I enjoyed that were actually taught well, the environment set by most of the faculty and some students was really dampening. Most of the faculty almost looked down at lesser students in a way, and were a little invasive. Some activities, like band, was also smothering a lot of students, and they had to leave just so they can focus on passing their regular classes. However, there were good teachers and faculty members that actually tried to make us have a good experience which meant a lot to me and others who were struggling. Between the football games, the senior activities we got before school was cancelled for COVID, and the classes I enjoyed because the teachers were actually interested in their job, my last two years of high school were actually fun and beneficial.
MHS is a great school that offers lots of career classes for students seeking a career-based job. I’m glad that the school started a Black Student Union (BSU) club so that we can get more diversity in the school, considering the town. I wish there was an accounting class so I could get a head start when I go to college. Great dual credit classes!