Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Midlothian High School is an above average, public school located in Midlothian, TX. It has 1,829 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Midlothian High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+283 Students
- grade B241 Students
- grade A+234 Students
- grade B+211 Students
- grade A minus201 Students
- grade B+191 Students
- grade C184 Students
- grade A178 Students
- grade A130 Students
- grade B minus129 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 93 responses
- Sporting events/ games26%
- Football Games16%
- Musical shows13%
- FFA banquet6%
- Midlothian FFA Cement City Classic6%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 38 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,290 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 57 responses
Schools like Midlothian High School
- grade B+Kathlyn Joy Gilliam Collegiate Academy
- Dallas Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 260 reviews
- grade B minusMaypearl High School
- Maypearl Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 71 reviews
- grade AMartin High School
- Arlington Independent School District, TX
- Rating 4 out of 5 736 reviews
- grade A+Waxahachie Global High School
- Waxahachie Independent School District, TX
- Rating 4.1 out of 5 179 reviews
Midlothian High School Reviews
Rating 3.69 out of 5 371 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Midlothian High School is part of the Midlothian School District. I have been a part of this district since the 4th grade, and for the most part my experience has been fairly good. There have been many changes put in to improve not only inclusion but as well as community involvement in all schools respectively. There have been a few incidents of disagreement between groups in the high school but that is to be expected in a growing town such as Midlothian. Overall, most of the teachers at Midlothian High School work hard to make sure the curriculum is understood, the counselors try to connect with students to help in future planning, and administration gives every opportunity possible to get feedback on how to further accommodate faculty and the student population.
A great school, definitely one of the best out of the three high schools I went to for high school. Not as diverse, but they seem to be getting better at that. One of the better taken care of schools as well. The students and staff their are definitely tight-knitted. Even though I was there for little over a semester, I would go their for all of my four years of high school, if I could!
It has a lot of good classes, teachers, and overall a good school. I've been in Midlothian for most of my life and in my opinion this is the best school I've went to. The teachers will do anything to help you understand the lessons and push you to the best person you are. The employees at Midlothian wants you to be happy, have a good future, and want you to be healthy. Most of my teachers checked on all of their students to see whats going on. They make the classes fun and they somehow make learning fun. On the other hand, the food is okay. They should add more food but I really love how they added a cafe that's open in the morning and during lunch. Besides the food I personally believe the school is great.