COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Midland School is closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and plans to open our campus to students this fall. At this time, we’re offering prospective families a variety of ways to engage with Midland from afar, including virtual tours, videos, online gatherings and more. Email email@example.com to learn more. Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Midland School, located on a 2,860-acre ranch at the edge of Los Padres National Forest, has been the leader of place-based college preparatory education since 1932. Everything we do-from the courses we choose to teach to how we maintain our campus to the way we feed ourselves-originates from an intentional curriculum that focuses not only on college preparatory classes, but also on leadership, community, and stewardship. Our scale empowers students with authentic leadership opportunities, provides highly personalized learning, and inspires the pursuit of intellectual passions. At Midland, thirty-eight percent of our students identify as students of color, over half receive generous financial aid to attend, and the depth of our boarding experience facilitates both top-tier college admissions and future success.
Midland School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+15 Students
- A+11 Students
- A9 Students
- A+9 Students
- B-7 Students
- A-7 Students
- A+7 Students
- A-7 Students
- A+6 Students
Midland's emphasis on experiential learning extends into our weekend programming. Every Saturday, Midland students have a 3-hour block dedicated to exploring the passions of our community. These workshops broaden the academic horizon by introducing students to activities such as knot-tying mathematics, trail restoration, marine ecosystem exploration, cattle-herding, screen printing, and more.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Midland School Reviews
Midland is a special place where students, faculty and staff create a supportive, close-knit community.
I felt both challenged and valued. I understood I had an important role to play at the school, and developed self-reliance while learning to collaborate in small teams and within the larger community.
My history and English professors inspired me, and I developed of love of literature and a live-long interest in history (in which I majored in college).
I also had an introduction to French at Midland, and discovered an interest in and aptitude for foreign languages. This gave me the confidence to study, work, and travel in France, Spain, and Latin America during college and grad school.
Midland helped teach me about the dignity and importance of all jobs to the successful functioning of society. I believe I had held a dozen different jobs at Midland, which made adapting to college and transitioning into the world of work very comfortable.
50% of the food in the dining hall is grown in their 10-acre certified organic garden, as well as beef, pork, and chicken eggs coming from the farm. Students receive genuine and authentic ways to learn responsibility and accountability with each student having a daily job and the seniors teaching and leading each underclassman through their jobs.
It is a place you must see for yourself. A once in a lifetime opportunity that is just perfect for the right student!