Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Midland High School is an above average, public school located in Varna, IL. It has 195 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Midland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+22 Students
- C+21 Students
- B+20 Students
- B14 Students
- B+10 Students
- A9 Students
- B8 Students
- B-7 Students
- A+6 Students
- A-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responses
- Hope week27%
- Volley for the cure18%
- Pep rallies9%
- Pep rallies9%
- Spirit Week9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Midland High School
- BRoanoke-Benson High School
- Roanoke Benson Community Unit School District No. 60, IL
- 11 reviews
- BIllinois Valley Central High School
- Illinois Valley Central School District No. 321, IL
- 45 reviews
- B+Metamora High School
- Public School
- Metamora, IL
- 166 reviews
- C+Henry-Senachwine High School
- Henry-Senachwine Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 34 reviews
Midland High School Reviews
MHS was my home away from home for four years! The staff is phenomenal. The academic rigor is very competitive and they rank among one of the strongest academic schools in the area.
Midland High School for me was perhaps one of the strangest schools I ever attended. It truly is a school where the Teachers outshine the Administration, and education prevails above budget.
The school is okay for kids of average intelligence, but it does not try to help those above that advance their own intellect. The lunches here are too small, the athletic teams are poor, and the teachers do not care if you actually learn anything. This school is focused on spending money and they play the name game.