Midland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+124 Students
- B+94 Students
- B-89 Students
- A+77 Students
- B70 Students
- B+55 Students
- B32 Students
- B+32 Students
- A28 Students
- B-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Midland High School
- A+H.H. Dow High School
- Midland Public Schools, MI
- 135 reviews
- C-Arthur Hill High School
- Saginaw Public Schools, MI
- 103 reviews
- B+Heritage High School
- Saginaw Township Community Schools, MI
- 211 reviews
- BFreeland Middle/High School
- Freeland Community School District, MI
- 77 reviews
Midland High School Reviews
Review Midland High School
I like many of the teachers and the atmosphere is friendly, everyone is very unified, however, there are many rules and regulations which I find distracting or unhelpful with a learning environment. The school has a dress code that is never enforced which makes learning difficult. They have many rules in regards to who enters the school when which can make it difficult to leave the school for school excused absences as well as things like doctors appointments. Although I do enjoy the safety, it can be a hassle. I also disagree with their parking permits. Everyone has an assigned spot which causes many issues in the parking lot with people trying to park while other people are trying to leave and chaos ensuing because everyone is trying to find their specific spot instead of parking first come first serve.
I love my school because is it a positive environment. All of the students respect each other no matter their previous backgrounds or experiences. There is a great sense of Chemic Pride every single day. Whether there is a big game or it is just a normal day, the staff and students are always supporting each other. The staff is always there before and after school for extra help and they are very understanding people. Teachers are willing to help you even if you are not in their class. The students are hardworking and are also willing to help out when they can. I have had bad days at school before and my peers and teachers have always found a way to cheer me up. My experience at Midland High has been great so far!
MHS is a good school in my opinion. I was in honors, AP, and IB courses for all four years of high school. I thought that the classes were tough but not too tough and that the teachers did a good job teaching and explaining the material. The teachers who taught higher level courses, in my opinion, are much better at their jobs than the teachers who taught lower levels. The art teachers were very biased and set in their ways and I would not recommend them. If I could change one thing in my school it would be the phone policy and to request that ALL bathroom stalls locked, soap in the dispensers, and toilet paper in ALL stalls.