Midland High School is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Midland, MI. It has 1,392 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Midland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+158 Students
- B+129 Students
- B-109 Students
- A+102 Students
- B90 Students
- B+70 Students
- B51 Students
- B+47 Students
- A44 Students
- B-36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Midland High School
- A+H.H. Dow High School
- Midland Public Schools, MI
- 155 reviews
- C-Arthur Hill High School
- Saginaw Public Schools, MI
- 108 reviews
- B+Heritage High School
- Saginaw Township Community Schools, MI
- 228 reviews
- BFreeland Middle/High School
- Freeland Community School District, MI
- 79 reviews
Midland High School Reviews
I like many of the teachers and the atmosphere is friendly, everyone is very unified, however, there are many rules and regulations which I find distracting or unhelpful with a learning environment. The school has a dress code that is never enforced which makes learning difficult. They have many rules in regards to who enters the school when which can make it difficult to leave the school for school excused absences as well as things like doctors appointments. Although I do enjoy the safety, it can be a hassle. I also disagree with their parking permits. Everyone has an assigned spot which causes many issues in the parking lot with people trying to park while other people are trying to leave and chaos ensuing because everyone is trying to find their specific spot instead of parking first come first serve.
Midland High School is the most welcoming and positive school environment I have ever had the pleasure of attending. The teachers are kind and helpful and the administration are amazing employees. Although the school is not very diverse, everyone is treated equally and people of different race and ethnicity are welcomed with open arms. Overall the entire school district is exemplary and they do a great job preparing kids for higher education.
Academics are top notch - AP and IB courses are offered and allow for college credit! Band program is outstanding and all sports and extracurriculars are well funded.