Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Midland High School is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Midland, MI. It has 1,312 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 1% of students are at least proficient in math and 1% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A249 Students
- B193 Students
- A+169 Students
- B156 Students
- B-145 Students
- B+119 Students
- B-78 Students
- B+76 Students
- A75 Students
- B-60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Midland High School
- A+H.H. Dow High School
- Midland Public Schools, MI
- 181 reviews
- C-Arthur Hill High School
- Saginaw Public Schools, MI
- 114 reviews
- B+Heritage High School
- Saginaw Township Community Schools, MI
- 264 reviews
- BFreeland Middle/High School
- Freeland Community School District, MI
- 96 reviews
Midland High School Reviews
The thing I liked most about Midland High School was going to the sporting events and all of the spirit days they did. Unfortunately, they were only done really at the beginning of the year and not continued throughout the year. I also like that when there is a probably, they try their best to figure it out and try to bring awareness to it. And that in this time of Covid-19 confusion, they're trying to help us as much as they can. I wish that they would improve the bathrooms because most of the doors in there don't close and the toilets don't always flush. But most importantly, I wish they would change the soap dispensers and put in soap that actually works.
There are lots of opportunities for students to get involved in extra curriculars, experience the real world in a co-op, or advance their education via IB or Dual enrollment which is great in some ways. The teachers on the other hand get away with a lot. Teachers will go around the school guidelines and rules to their own advantage, at the expense of the students, and the district does not acknowledge it. I had a teacher force me to write a 4 page essay and turn it in with a two days notice on top of the other work that was due because I was missing his class for a school excused event, while another student went to Florida for a week and did not have to worry about making anything up until he returned. Situations like these were brought up the the administration and nothing was done about it. Very frustrating.
Midland High School has prepared me for not only college, but life. With incredible teachers who not only care about teaching the best they can, but also care about students on an individual basis, I have felt at home at Midland High School. Teachers have been very good at celebrating questions and helping students on an individual basis. I have been very grateful for teachers helping me with questions not just relating to their subject. I have been able to be involved in their incredible music program along with sports teams with great coaches.