Midland High School is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Midland, MI. It has 1,392 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Midland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A191 Students
- B152 Students
- A+127 Students
- B118 Students
- B-116 Students
- B+92 Students
- B60 Students
- B+53 Students
- A52 Students
- B-49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Midland High School
- A+H.H. Dow High School
- Midland Public Schools, MI
- 158 reviews
- CArthur Hill High School
- Saginaw Public Schools, MI
- 109 reviews
- B+Heritage High School
- Saginaw Township Community Schools, MI
- 231 reviews
- BFreeland Middle/High School
- Freeland Community School District, MI
- 86 reviews
Midland High School Reviews
I loved the teachers. All my teachers taught a little differently, which helped me figure out the best way that I learned. They really want you to learn, which it is great to have someone encouraging you along the way. Of course you might struggle along the way, but the teachers were always there to help. They encourage us to ask questions and talk to them if we were confused. There isn't anything that I would change at Midland High. Everyone is great and so supportive. It was an amazing environment to be in, and they helped me be prepared for college. That was their goal, and they achieve it with everyone.
I honestly love this school. I think the people at this school are committed to learning and wish to improve. Over and over again I see other high school students fall behind solely because they lack the drive to do well in school. As much as the students at my school strive to excel I believe it is also the teachers that help students excel. The teachers at Midland High School (for the most part) go above and beyond to help students. I have never seen a group of teachers try so hard to have their students achieve their goals as I do when walking the halls of Midland High. Furthermore, the teachers are open and welcoming. Many of them so easy to talk to it seems as though I am talking to a friend and not a teacher. Midland High has been an amazing high school to attend.
I like many of the teachers and the atmosphere is friendly, everyone is very unified, however, there are many rules and regulations which I find distracting or unhelpful with a learning environment. The school has a dress code that is never enforced which makes learning difficult. They have many rules in regards to who enters the school when which can make it difficult to leave the school for school excused absences as well as things like doctors appointments. Although I do enjoy the safety, it can be a hassle. I also disagree with their parking permits. Everyone has an assigned spot which causes many issues in the parking lot with people trying to park while other people are trying to leave and chaos ensuing because everyone is trying to find their specific spot instead of parking first come first serve.